Rundll32 missing .exe files wont open

By phusuke
Oct 20, 2008
  1. hey,
    I have been having this prob for the last 2-3 days. I would say it started around the time i updated my itunes 3days back. Now none of the .exe files open. When i click on them the open with menu opens up which is really irritating. Also many of the apps tht i have installed, when i start those from start menu it says application not found!!!!

Also when I click on the control panel it says rundll32.exe missing.!!! heeelllp!!! plsss!!!!

Im putting my hijackthis log here!!

P.S. i have been using brickopack for windows vista inspirat and visual styles.. i did unistall tht 2-3 days back too around the same time.. Althogh i have uninstalled it the visual styles still remain. they weren there for 2 days and now suddenly whn this prob started the visual styles are back and are completely mangled :(

Attached Files:

2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

Your log shows you are definitely infected. Head over to the malware removal sticky and follow the instructions there before posting back with your logs as attachments.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.