Running my PSU upside down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pw2much

I just purchased a Corsair TX650w psu and also a NZXT Tempest computer case now the the psu installs on the bottom of the case not giving the psu much room between the psu and the case bottom.would it matter if I turned the psu upside down to give it better air circulation or would it cause it to run improperly.the fan the way it's installed now is on the bottom of the psu and there less than a 1/4inch of space between it and the case bottom,would it matter if I turned the psu upside down to give the fan a better chance to pull in air to the psu?

Don't worry about that 1/4 inch space; I dont think running a PSU upside down would affect it; however, there is sufficient enough space between your PSU and the chassis for air to circulate.

I think that chassis has a moveable rear PSU securing plate for mounting the PSU inverted.
No problem as the PSU can be mounted in any orientation without affecting it's purpose.
I would personally mount the PSU with the fan pointing upwards as mounting in the usual fan down manner will probably result in a large part of the PSU's fan area blocked by the raised steel support block thats riveted to the chassis floor.

If you mount it inverted, just cover the fan area if you are working inside the chassis (assuming the system isn't running) to stop the PSU ingesting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back