Sager NP8130 BSOD

sadbluescreener

Hello all. I've just received my NP8130 notebook yesterday. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), all the drivers and a couple games (Skyrim, CoD4, Blur, NFS Undercover).

All of a sudden today the screen starts acting strange and blinking a lot and then it just blue screens! I nearly shed a tear because I spent so much on this and it's only my second day with it. I don't even know where to begin. Please, someone help me.

Also, the computer works ok in Safe Mode With Networking. And I was trying to attach the dump files but they're too big apparently, over 200kB.

Hi there, have you tried installing all the latest drivers for you're video card? Also too attach the dumps all you need to do is compress the files or file into a zip. Download 7-zip and post them when you can.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Btw the specs:

Processor: 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, 2.2-3.1GHz
Graphics Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 1,536MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
Ram: 8GB - DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4 SODIMMS)
Primary Hard Drive: 500GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)
Wireless Network: Intel® Advanced-N 6230 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module + Bluetooth

I've attached four dump files.

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    97.8 KB · Views: 1
I tried the GPU drivers from here:

(http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver.html)

and here

http://www2.sagernotebook.com/pages/notebooks/download.cfm?ProductType=8130

Both of these failed. The one from Sager immediately showed the same problems and went to a BSOD, while the one from nVidia took a longer time to fail. I saw a little pop up telling me that the graphic driver has crashed and restarted and then a lot of screen blinking followed by the BSOD.

The one from Sager's website was older (4/4/2011) than the one that came with drivers disc (5/5/2011), and of course nVidia's is the most recent.

I'm not really sure what to do next.

Try going into safe mode and completely removing the old drivers. Then installing the new ones you got off the Nvidia website. During the install there's an option for custom, click that and then click “perform clean install”. Let me know how that goes.

I went to completely remove the old drivers and the GPU was uninstalled, the nVidia driver needs to see that the GPU is installed so I checked for hardware changes and saw that the computer was trying to reinstall it but it failed.

However, the nVidia installer could see the GPU this time and I've installed. I'm about to restart into normal mode to see if there's any improvement.

Ok so I've restarted and I'm in normal mode. I'm feeling very paranoid right now and I'm on the lookout for any problems. I'll keep you posted. Thank you, by the way.

Hello again! I had another BSOD this morning it seems. I put the machine to hibernate but when I turned it back on it said the machine had shut down unexpectedly. And the a Windows error report windows popped up. I was hoping someone could take a look at the minidump just to help me to understand what happened.

Attachments

• 011312-18673-01.7z
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
Back