TechSpot

Samsung announces 830 Series SSDs, coming in October

By Matthew
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has joined the ranks of OCZ, Crucial, Intel and other major SSD players in releasing a SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s) flash drive. Built on the success of its 470 Series…

Read the whole story

2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +99

wow that is slim, I just want to see SSD's to become cheaper already.. I wonder how much it takes to make them .. (money wise).

3. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

That might be quite a while man. Hard disks took a long time to drastically lower in price. Plus companies don't make much profit from SSD's. Plus it'll be a while before they become popular. Plus it'll be a while before people trust them to hold their data with all the news of these drives shipping with bugs. Simply put, it'll be a while.

4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,933   +126 Staff Member

5. It's amazing how fast the solid state drive industry is moving. Samsung is really getting into everything flash related. I can't wait for my SSD to come in.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.