1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung announces 830 Series SSDs, coming in October

By Matthew · 4 replies
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has joined the ranks of OCZ, Crucial, Intel and other major SSD players in releasing a SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s) flash drive. Built on the success of its 470 Series…

Read the whole story

2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,271   +224

wow that is slim, I just want to see SSD's to become cheaper already.. I wonder how much it takes to make them .. (money wise).

3. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Guru Posts: 544   +40

That might be quite a while man. Hard disks took a long time to drastically lower in price. Plus companies don't make much profit from SSD's. Plus it'll be a while before they become popular. Plus it'll be a while before people trust them to hold their data with all the news of these drives shipping with bugs. Simply put, it'll be a while.

4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,931   +187

5. It's amazing how fast the solid state drive industry is moving. Samsung is really getting into everything flash related. I can't wait for my SSD to come in.