Samsung Galaxy Player devices coming to the US this spring

By Emil
Mar 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As expected, Samsung has announced an expansion of the Galaxy Family of portable devices with the addition of the Galaxy Player. The device is the first in a new category of Android-based mobile devices that strip out the 3G and calling functionality of a Galaxy S phone. There are two models, one with a 4" Super Clear WVGA LCD screen and one with a 5" LCD WVGA screen, and both allow the user to enjoy games, music, videos, social media, and e-books.

Read the whole story
  2. In the future, do you mind using standard SI units instead of proprietary US/UK crap?
  3. SeiveD

SeiveD Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

Imperial units aren't any more 'proprietary' than SI. Last I knew they were both free to use. Secondly, this is about a product coming to the U.S., on a page written by people from the U.S., where most people read it are probably from the U.S. Using imperial unit makes perfect sense, and a hell of a lot more of it than "12.7 CM" does to me.
  4. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

Finally some ipod touch competition (I am unaware if any exists atm)
  5. unrealmp3

unrealmp3 TechSpot Member Posts: 49

We use the standard SI unit over here in Canada by the way.

And there was Archos providing a similar device, but more competition wouldn't hurt.
  6. SeiveD

SeiveD Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

The thing I really like about this vs. the iPod aside from the fact that it doesn't use Apple's restrictive store and locked down devices is that it has GPS. Everything in one!
  7. doradhorror

doradhorror Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

What I need in a PMP is Tegra 3 to play 1080p matroska files with complete subtitle support and at least 10 hours of battery life. I would love to be able to drag and drop my anime on to it for bus rides to and from work.
  8. I love this... I would probably get the 5" if I knew it would properly fit into your pocket... otherwise I would get the 4" (I think that the iPod has a 3.75" screen, just 2 give u some reference). It would b nice to see some battery info... I've heard that the 5" has a 2500 but idk about the 4"... I'd say that the iPod is pretty crappy after all of the screen, battery life, and all of the features that u can't do. Especially I h8 how apple _takes_ advantage of people (my custom has 4.0 Ghz processeser quad core i5, 4 GB of RAM, overclockability & windows 7... not saying that windows is a good thing, its just better than apple's snow lepard, leapard wtever... for ~$1000 while you get a wimpy macbook 4 the same price and half a apple on the front of it) the iPod has wimpy speakers, and wimpy selection of speakers. Apples crying about google, amazon etc. and suiting them. As if they came up with the word "app" in the first place and as if they came up with the word "store". these are the most generic terms in the smartphone world! Just bcuz they popularized it doesn't mean they came up with it. GOODBYE APPLE, HELLO GOOGLE!
    thank u 4 reading this
  9. My bad APPS instead of speakers... sorry

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.