TechSpot

Samsung Galaxy S4 leaked on Chinese forum

By Shawn Knight
Mar 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A series of leaked photos claiming to show Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S4 smartphone were recently published on a Chinese forum. The images reveal a handset that looks similar to the company’s other popular Android handsets albeit with a slimmer profile...

Read more

2. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 530   +85

I'm willing to bet my life savings (all $200 worth) that that is the S4. I'm still getting my S3 fixed but once this is available through VZW I might have to get another contract so that I can get that phone a bit earlier than 2014.

3. Hopefully if your inside a building this new phone can get a signal unlike the S3. Which is by far my biggest complaint with the S3. Pisses me off when the guys with there iphones can get perfect signal and my S3 struggles for one. And its not the carrier.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,943   +381

Who needs an eight core processor in your phone. the 1080p 5 inch screen sounds great, but seriously? eight cores?

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,122   +723

Did that guy really get part of his face included in the reflection of the phone? Way to go buddy, I'm sure no one will be able to figure out who you are now. lol

6. ArthurZ

ArthurZ TS Rookie Posts: 79

Yeah! Aluminum would be nice on the Galaxy line!

7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 981   +97

The back is hideous just like the S2 and S3.

*sigh*

8. hahahanoobs

I guess you could see his face, if you could see through the phone he's holding in front of it.

9. MilwaukeeMike

that would be why I said 'part'. :)

10. Why are Samsung phones so cheapy looking? Note 2 included. They feel like kids toys and even with the heavy CPU\graphics don't feel nearly as responsive as the iPhone.

11. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 333   +51

Could I care less that the back is plastic? Nope, something that expensive, for me, is going to be placed inside a rubber bumper/case anyway, so the material the back case isn't squat for me. My G-Note 1 has a very thin back plastic case, but, it never sees the light of day anyhow.

12. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 580   +98

It's pretty apparent that Samsung fans have turned into to Android equivalent of iSheep. They spent so many years poking fun at iOS fans for spending money on each and every iPhone despite the fact that they would keep the same design for 2 years at a time and now we see them defending this phone to the death even though Samsung just pulled the same maneuver if this leak is real.

SNGX1275 likes this.
  13. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

+1 especially dislike the cheapish plasticky feel of Galaxy line. Also, assuming it is the real thing, then it would mean Samsung designers are running out of ideas and just recycling the old tired ones.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  14. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

Just get the dudes from CSI on it, they will enhance it to clear as day!

15. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

Yeah I also like to spend most of my time looking at the back of the phone. I find the speaker grille & plastic far more fascinating than the screen.

16. When it comes to looks Nexus 4 is definitely ahead of Galaxy line including S4. Despite how advanced the hardware inside it's high time Samsung should seriously consider going for a better look.. ah may be for S5.

17. MilwaukeeMike

I believe there are other important reasons to make a phone out of plastic. Aluminum looks great, but I believe it creates some problems with reception. I'm probably mixing this up, but I think was the new HTC phone that had to do some special tricks with their antenna because the phone was metal, and the iPhone has had it's share of problems with it.

18. The back is hideous with some cheap plastic.. while other brands can come up with more premium looks or better material even at the same price with samsung galaxy..

19. Archean

MilwaukeeMike

True, but have a look at N4, it is a good example of relatively decent quality. Perhaps due to GG2 coating at front and back.

20. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

I have a friend at google that is beta testing the S4. Don't know what's in this pic but he has a QUAD core in his test model.

21. Archean

LinkedKube
    Because the US version will have a quad core SoC, whereas, the international version will have an Octa Core SoC.

22. hahahanoobs

Thanks for liking my comment!

An identification from part of a face and a hand, huh? Maybe you can help me then. I found a dead body and I think it's my friend. Do you think if I post a picture of his foot and part of his cheek on Facebook, someone could tell me if it's him or not?

23. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

I wonder how that will effect pricing.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.