Samsung preparing Galaxy Altius smartwatch to compete with iWatch

By Shawn Knight
Feb 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple may not be the only large electronics maker preparing a smartwatch as screenshots have surfaced from what very well could be Samsung’s take on the same product. The images, originally posted on a Korean forum, were all captured at...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,038   +695

I know I'm a little behind the times (sorry, bad pun), but I'm still trying to figure out why I should buy a tablet. Now Samsung and Apple are inventing a smart watch industry?

Do we really need another device to save me the hassle of digging my phone out of my pocket when I want to see my weather widget?

Now... if this thing could use NFC and pay for gas and groceries then we might have something worth buying. Just in case I ever move to one of those trendy neighborhoods where they have NFC enabled stores.
  3. ArthurZ

ArthurZ Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

5. ArthurZ

ArthurZ Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

By the way the hologramming smartphones are coming, too.
  6. No, now Samsung and Apple are ripping off a KickStarter project because it generated over ten million dollars (Pebble Watch).
  7. Deep inside monetary crisis, with half of the planet starving and people still throw away money on BS stuff like "iJerk", "iF@@K" and "iScrew". Give me a break...
  8. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

Well, if it is cheaper and has more features then it will win, but it wont have as much advertising and publicity. This type of big business stuff makes me sad :(
  9. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Samsung and Apple are late to the watch segment. Most of the watches I've seen seem to be secondary notification type devices. Any opportunity to save the battery of the phone or tablet makes sense but if Samsung or Apple doesn't push the envelope beyond secondary notifications, an announcement in this space would be nothing more than a branding opportunity.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.