Samsung shows off jaw-dropping bendable 105-inch UHD TV

Shawn Knight

Staff member

samsung uhd tv television flexible bendable curved ifa 2014

Having trouble deciding between a standard television or one with a curved display? Both have their pros and cons depending on how many people are watching or the seating arrangement. Samsung’s latest set that’s currently on showcase at IFA 2014 eliminates the dilemma as it can transform from flat to curved at the touch of a button.

The 105-inch 4K Ultra HD behemoth broke cover during Samsung’s press conference as the company announced they have tripled their curved TV lineup. That said, their offering now stands at 17 different models ranging from 48 to 105 inches featuring 4K, full HD and LED variations.

The bendable set that’s capturing headlines today features a 21:9 aspect ratio as well as Sammy’s dimming and upscaling technology. The South Korean tech giant didn’t set a price or release date for the fancy set although we are hearing that the non-bendable version sells for around $120,000. Add in the flexible screen and that price could easily double.

The massive set aside, it’ll be interesting to see if consumers are indeed interested in a television that can shapeshift. Of all the uses that I’ve seen for flexible displays up to this point, this one seems to be the most practical.

Sure, the LG Flex was neat but it was more of a proof of concept than anything else in my opinion.

Permalink to story.

Not something I would want in a livingroom with people viewing from different angles, but it might work in my office at home/for a single PC setup.

Last edited:
Not something I would want in a livingroom with people viewing from different angles, but it might work in my office at home/for a single PC setup.
>implying your living room is big enough for this TV

Corning Lotus Glass 4K UHD Transparent (AMOLED) is what's coming next after we where being pushed n 3D HDTV. Now it's bendable and large 105-inch.

>implying your living room is big enough for this TV

105" UHD TV's are fit for use in the viewing distances between 8 - 12 feet from the TV. The curved display makes a sweet spot for a few seats. Going by the recommendations, I'd want a TV size of at least 110" for my 25x15 livingroom's 13' viewing distance. I'm not ready to see that price yet!

Niiiiice! :) Slender-bender :)

Will sell like hot cakes in winter, under slogan - "bend over!" :)

Just take my money! And, a pledge of 10% of my descendants future monthly income.

So you are saying that you can't have a flat TV in ur house since people look at it from different angles? What do you have than? A crystal ball? The article states that it is bendable meaning you can have it straight and when you want bend the screen by pressing a button...

Back