TechSpot

Samsung unveils impressive Exynos 5 Dual Core SoC

By Shawn Knight
Aug 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has released specifications for their new dual-core mobile application processor known as the Exynos 5 Dual. This ARM-based processor is built using a 32nm HKMG (High-K Metal Gate) process and is said to perform nearly two times faster than…

Read more

2. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Only a matter of time before Cortex A15's are standard in phones.

3. Any word on power consumption ?

4. This is a copy of Apple. The see through case is an Apple innovation. They must be sued.

5. Any idea from where Samsung got this new processor? is it invented or reverse engineered?

6. Jagmeet

Jagmeet TS Rookie

What about power consuption?

7. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 365   +59

They licensed the tech from ARM and made their own modifications from there just like every other company that uses ARM CPUs.

8. @Camikazi: thanks for the info, I thought it was a copy from another product then rebranded by Samsung.. :D

9. People please don't forget that Samsung makes Apple's processors.

10. I guess you don't need to remind people that Samsung makes Apple's processor.. I think those guest above you already know that and implying for 'subtle' sarcastic..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.