TechSpot

Samsung's next bright idea: Smart LED light bulbs

By Shawn Knight
Mar 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has unveiled a line of smart LED light bulbs just days after rival LG did the same. The company's offering is aptly called the Smart Bulb and will be available in a number of different styles (traditional bulbs, tubes,...

Read more

2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 981   +97

I'd probably go with LG's version since I use Wi-Fi a lot more than I use BT at home. Too bad Samsung, you missed a good opportunity here. Hopefully your Wi-Fi version is only a couple months away.

At LG's $32 a pop, I'll have to wait for Samsung or someone else to catch up to LG and bringing the price down before I buy.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,119   +723

Ha! That didn't take long. Clearly Samsung reads Techspot.

I wonder if their app to control the lights would be available for iPhone.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

I'm sure they will but they should charge them for it unless they upgraded to a Samsung device. :)

5. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Rookie Posts: 60   +17

Likely they'll make it so you can only control them their their Gaylaxy Gears that no one wants.

6. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Rookie Posts: 129   +30

I just spent over $300 on bulbs that will last me 15-20 years!!! sheesh.

7. Smart bulb? my girlfriend could control (almost) all the bulbs in her house through remote control or several touchscreen-control-panels placed on the wall, or with her smartphone/pc (wifi, IR, internet, bluetooth)

she doesn't use any smart bulb, instead using 'smart light socket' and 'intelligent electricity circuit' on her house..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.