TechSpot

Samsung's Project Beyond captures continuous 3D imagery, streams it to Gear VR headset

By Shawn Knight
Nov 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung is bringing the flexibility and convenience of Google's Street View imagery directly to consumers through a new product called Project Beyond.

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

Interesting idea. I think it will stumble on the fact that it can never provide a live feed because no matter where it is located, the amount of data for upload will be just too much for any kind of wireless connection.

3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,653   +523

For now yes, in the not too distant future I see it being more viable. As compression increases wireless communication bandwidth also increases. As for CCTV this would allow for greater variety/selection of camera locations during sporting events and eliminate camera people in the process. I see Formula 1 sticking these on all the cars to replace the current system, it would allow a proper 360 degree view at the press of a button, they just have to make sure they can capture smooth video in said environment.