Samsung's ridiculously expensive 105-inch curved 4K Ultra HD TV now up for pre-order

By Shawn Knight
Jul 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I was in Best Buy over the weekend and happened upon the recently-constructed Samsung television center, a shop-inside-a-shop concept similar to the Samsung Experience Shop for mobile devices. The centerpiece of the retail space was no doubt the curved 78-inch...

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,387   +2,172

For that kind of money you could buy a 911 Turbo, 2 Corvettes, an RS7, or a whole new house. No thanks.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

For that price it should have a flappy-paddle remote control and carbon fiber chassis.
    ikesmasher likes this.
  4. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,603   +411

I'm drooling right now...
  5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

What a waste of money... its a shame since you could probably buy a house for that price like davislane said above.
  6. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 567   +25

So its a $120,000 TV that can only play fewer then 5 movies in native resolution? surely they could of put a upscale function, not like a slight stretch in 4K contend would of noticeable like it is hardly in 1080P
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

Does it come with a woman of ill repute to change the channels for you? If not, keep it.
    Wendig0 likes this.
  8. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,084   +331

You guys actually have houses for sale in your area for $120,000 that you would actually live in?

Also is the picture above of the 105 inch model or the 78 inch model?

This looks like a nice tv for those with a large income, but still no content!!!!!
  9. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

You've never been to Texas have you? Home prices are great, and for the most part so is the construction quality.
  10. Mate I live in Sydney Australia. A crappy 2 bedroom apartment in a bad neighbourhood here starts at around 280k.

And its not a case of currency conversion either, real estate here is just stupidly expensive.
  11. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,441   +594

Why are people so surprised by the price? Hello, welcome to earth.
    As far as the panel itself, what about the person watching from the corner of the living room?
  12. Lionvibez

No I'm Canadian not familiar with US house prices.
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

If you spend that much on a TV you'll attract a lot of women of ill repute, sadly they'll steal it from you after offing you with an overdose of meth like the hooker did to that Google chump recently. You'd be better off using the $3.99 remote they ship with it. That said, I could think of a lot of worse ways to depart.
  14. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

So I'm guessing it's like the projects in Brooklyn then... :)
  15. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

Without all the yankees to screw it up, and only about 1/3rd of the welfare recipients. Texans like to earn their paychecks. ;)
  16. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

$1,142.86 per inch!
  17. Lionvibez

That's what she said!
  18. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

I see you have been influenced by captaincranky :)