TechSpot

Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB AGP

By NFSFAN
Feb 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, around last week or so, I bought the x1950 pro, but in AGP. After trying to cool it with water, and replacing heatsinks, something went terribly wrong. After placing heatsinks on the VRMs (Voltage Regulator Modules) of the card, booted up, the card blew. Smoke came out of one of the three vrms. Now my question is: Could I RMA this card or not? I bought it from Infonec Computers on February 9th 2007.
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Was it under warranty or anything like that?

I'd contact them, but they should allow you to return it.

Regards :)
  3. NFSFAN

NFSFAN TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 340

Yeah, It must have at least 1 year warranty??? No? Do you think that they would replace a modified video card??
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Most companies have warranty wording that voids the warranty if there are any modifications... but what modifications did you make?
  5. NFSFAN

Took off the stock cooler, put a waterblock and heatsinks. That is all I did. So what do you think???
  6. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 1,088

I think put stock stuff on, put on some white crap thermal paste or something that looked like it when you got it and return it.
  7. NFSFAN

Do you think that would really work??? First how long would the whole RMA process take?
  8. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Just put the old stuff back on and send it back. They probably can't tell that you modded it.
  9. NFSFAN

YAY, I got my card replaced, even though it was modded. Now I'm back with a spanking new X1950 PRO. Thanks for your info guys. Much Appreciated
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.