Sapphire's dedicated mining GPUs plummet down to MSRP

mongeese

Staff
Cutting corners: In November, Sapphire began rebranding AMD mobile GPUs as dedicated mining hardware. It was a successful endeavor and the two GPUs they released have been priced above others with similar capabilities. But this month, the prices of both have toppled down to about MSRP.

On paper, the Sapphire GPro X080 and X060, are only marginally different from AMD’s Radeon RX 6700M and 6600M, respectively. All four are in the mid-range performance category.

Sapphire launched the X080 with an inflated MSRP of €750 ($850) but it quickly jumped over the €1,000 hurdle. A month ago, it was around €1,200, but it plummeted down to €765 ($865) in early February and has stayed there since.

Also read: GPU Availability and Pricing Update: February 2022

Meanwhile, the X060 launched at €550 ($620) but was brushing up against €900 until recently, when it slipped down to €700 for a week, and then fell again to €500 ($565), where it’s held steady.

X080 X060
Compute Units 36 28
Stream Processors 2304 1792
Clock Speed 2132 MHz 2044 MHz
Memory 10 GB of GDDR6 8 GB of GDDR6
Default Hash Rate* 38 MH/s @ 165W 28 MH/s @100W
Ideal Hash Rate* 42 MH/s @ 93W 29 MH/s @ 60W

Part of the decline can be attributed to the general downwards trend in GPU prices, but dedicated mining hardware appears to be falling faster than gaming hardware. It seems like interest in mining is beginning to wane as prices fall and Ethereum gets closer to transitioning to proof-of-stake.

Nvidia’s CMP series seems to be faring a little better, but they’ve been falling in price, too. Quite a few second-hand CMP cards are being sold by miners scaling down their operations while they can still fetch a good sum for their hardware.

With a little luck, that’ll push more GPUs down to MSRP this year.

Image credit: Vagelis Lnz

Permalink to story.

Hey maybe they can ask AMD advise to refactor some of them as having 2 basic video out ports and be sold as super shitty 4x pci-e lane only GPUs for consumers: Since those are stronger chips than the 6500 (Presumably) it could be worth it to make sure you have a pci-e 4.0 system with things like CPU and mobo updates if necessary to get those to do kinda ok.

Also good candidates for limited bandwidth use like external gpu boxes.

Or the option most people that have been burned by companies like Sapphire for the past 2 years or so which would be a sincere hope they choke on them.

There never should have been dedicated mining GPUs. They did nothing to improve supply because they can only make so many chips and now that's taking away from avaliable used stock.

Remember mining isn't what kills GPUS, it's thermal cycling. Also, in this market I don't think anyone would mind taking a chance on a used card mining card.

I'm enjoying watching the crypto market collapse and take any hope of being crypto-rich with it.

I hear ya, and we're beginning to see availability and prices going in the right direction in Europe. It's far from over though. I think Crypto is very likely to trend again, and to continue to be a parasite on the gaming hardware community. Not because I belive Crypto is worth it, mind you, but because it's become so easy to speculate on it.

I`ll laugh my a$$ off when all these greedy bastards will start losing millions and will be begging us to buy at MSRP. It looked like a wet dream a month ago when I first said it, but we`re heading into the right direction.

That moment when crypto haters actually believe that the majority of crypto miners have lost more money than they've made. You guys are in your own little world.

I casually made investments into crypto years ago (and have done some mining when I'm not gaming), and I've made more than quadruple my investments, even with the market fluctuations.

That said, I am also looking forward to a more affordable GPU (refuse to pay scalper prices) to build a desktop, but what I have now will be good enough until then. I just don't see a point getting so emotional over crypto lol

I'm enjoying watching the crypto market collapse and take any hope of being crypto-rich with it.
These kinds of comments are always hilarious... Let's compare prices of coins of today on the same date but in 2020...

Bitcoin was $10k on Feb 20th 2020, today on Feb 20th 2022 it is $38k.
On the same dates for Ethereum: $260 in 2020, and $2600 today.

And we can go down the list of many more. This is hardly a "collapse". It is a simple correction.

If the prices for these things are good enough, I might actually buy a few. Now that I've gone solar, I have some spare energy during the day. Might as well use it to mine with, instead of it going to waste.

That moment when crypto haters actually believe that the majority of crypto miners have lost more money than they've made. You guys are in your own little world.

I casually made investments into crypto years ago (and have done some mining when I'm not gaming), and I've made more than quadruple my investments, even with the market fluctuations.

That said, I am also looking forward to a more affordable GPU (refuse to pay scalper prices) to build a desktop, but what I have now will be good enough until then. I just don't see a point getting so emotional over crypto lol
This may be a shock to you, crypto bro, but most people strongly dislike their hobby being utterly derailed by speculators that want to shove monetization and market value into EVERYTHING AROUND THEM. NFTs, crypto, whatever those duoa things are, all of them are aiming to create new speculation markets everywhere they look, who get arse-bleedingly mad if you ever point out their funny money has 0 real world value and is, in fact, a greater fool scam wrapped up in technobabble.

This may be a shock to you, crypto bro, but most people strongly dislike their hobby being utterly derailed by speculators that want to shove monetization and market value into EVERYTHING AROUND THEM. NFTs, crypto, whatever those duoa things are, all of them are aiming to create new speculation markets everywhere they look, who get arse-bleedingly mad if you ever point out their funny money has 0 real world value and is, in fact, a greater fool scam wrapped up in technobabble.
Crypto bro? That's a first 😂
I certainly don't have the crypto assets to even come close. I just did some smart investing.

Otherwise, lets see:
-Hobby ≠ job/livelihood. I'd rather see people being annoyed at the global housing market. God forbid people have to be patient over a hobby.
-Cryptocurrency ≠ NFT. Don't pretend like it is.
-Crypto is like credit. Different process for digital buying-power. Saying it's worth nothing is hilariously wrong.

So, stop being so emotional and rationalize your position better. Especially since you pointlessly brought in NFT's like they're the same (hint: they're not).

Crypto is regularly blamed, but, no one is mining on PS5 and Xbox Series S/X consoles, yet, those were also hard to get and overpriced.

Worrying about the gaming market at this time, where basic human rights are being taken away globally, and all your savings are being made worthless with all that money printing, blaming the only potential way out of this mess is quite sad.

Crypto is regularly blamed, but, no one is mining on PS5 and Xbox Series S/X consoles, yet, those were also hard to get and overpriced.

Worrying about the gaming market at this time, where basic human rights are being taken away globally, and all your savings are being made worthless with all that money printing, blaming the only potential way out of this mess is quite sad.

The key is to VOTE and make good choices when you do, don't just randomly pick someone on a list because they are in this or that party, picks ones that will do better for YOUR values. Then if you don't like them vote their butts out the next time they run!!

The central bank of Russia pushing for a cryptocoin ban might have had an impact on this situation.

These kinds of comments are always hilarious... Let's compare prices of coins of today on the same date but in 2020...

Bitcoin was $10k on Feb 20th 2020, today on Feb 20th 2022 it is $38k.
On the same dates for Ethereum: $260 in 2020, and $2600 today.

And we can go down the list of many more. This is hardly a "collapse". It is a simple correction.

If the prices for these things are good enough, I might actually buy a few. Now that I've gone solar, I have some spare energy during the day. Might as well use it to mine with, instead of it going to waste.
Imagine giving up you hard earned cash for digital currencies in this censored digital world? Where crypto currencies can potentially drop to zero, accounts being hacked every day, coins that are infinite in number and with new ones popping up every day, what if the fiat banks hold the majority of crypto currencies for eg. Black rock is buying out finite property with bidding wars across the board! While people are buying up digital currencies that are infinite the banks are giving our record loans that are accruing interest. While people are buying up digital currencies for marketing of equity the banks are fortifying their dominant positions. Lastly I have been seeing more and more articles about the threat of quantum servers able to decrypt full block chains in the future. If the crypto currencies are not quantum encrypted then they can potentially be hacked. While some believe in the marketing of equity some are more sceptical and warrant at least a diversified portfolio!

This may be a shock to you, gamer dude, but your hobby is already dead. All the money has fled to smoothbrained mobile gaming and microtransactions long before Ethereum was a twinkle in Vitalik Buterin's eye, and streaming services are coming to rip away the last vestige of agency and control you ever had. If crypto is guilty of anything in this regard it's simply offering new technologies to implement them with. You'd think you'd be more upset at Apple.

Either way, as someone that's played games since before I could walk, if I had to pick between crypto and gaming at this point in time, I'd pick crypto. Gaming might be more profitable than it's ever been but it's also a husk of what it once meant.

The key is to VOTE and make good choices when you do, don't just randomly pick someone on a list because they are in this or that party, picks ones that will do better for YOUR values. Then if you don't like them vote their butts out the next time they run!!
Voting doesn't mean much anymore (if it actually ever did). ESG is going to be implemented, no matter who you vote for. Nobody voted who is in the IMF, WEF, WHO and so on. But they are determining global policy. The openly declare that they have infiltrated governments across the world.

Back