Sata to eSata Not Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragebflame

Hi,
I recently purchased a Western Digital My Book Studio Edition (1Tb) for the main reason that it has eSata conectivity.
It works fine through firewire and usb but it not being detected through eSATA. I have an Asus a8n-sli deluxe with a sata breakout. I purchased a sata to eSATA lead on ebay and connected it. Ive tried restaring and made sure everything is alright inside but to no avail.

Any Idea :confused:

"not being detected" means what? You don't see the disk device in Disk Management?

Do you have a fakeraid SATA controller? The crappy "RAID" controllers sometimes require you to assign even single drives to an "array" for them to be detected by the OS. (Mind you, doing that will overwrite the data at the beginning of the drive, effectively making all data unaccessible)

Hi,
Yes, The drive is not being detected in disk management. i am the sata breakout that came with the motherboard, and going from there into the sata ports on the motherboard itself. I am not using the RAID ones. there are 4 sata and 4 sata RAID if you get me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back