Scans freezing computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I'm new here and in need of help. I've searched the web and have had no luck resolving my issue.

the past month I've noticed that spyware doctor would not find anything during scans, and my Avira security suite would freeze on virus scans at about 25%. I've tried running ad aware and it freezes randomly. When these programs lock up I can move my mouse around fine for a few mins, but then the whole computer will freeze, I can't ctrl+alt+del out of anything I have to manually restart the computer. I'm now concerned there is something nasty hiding in my computer.

my computer specs is

XP Pro
Core 2 Quad Q6600 (is over clocked but has been stable in the past)
3GB RAM
1 320GB HDD
1 750GB HDD

all temps appear to be within normal ranges so I don't believe it to be a heating issue, I can play games and run my editing software just fine.

I have included my highjack this log.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I would boot to your Windows CD, and run it in Repair Mode (not Repair Console).
Some antivirus and antispyware software will not run properly when you exceed a certain level of overclocking.
Did it once work, and has now failed. Or has it always frozen when you attempted scans?

yeah was thinking about giving that a try, and if all else fails reformat. The Avira used to work great, but one day is just stopped finishing scans I dunno if an update caused it to conflict with the overclock or not. Same for spyware doctor it worked great untill an update about a month ago then after it stopped finding anything on my computer. It will finish a scan how ever except for the rootkit search.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the Avira security suite and Spyware Doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back