TechSpot

SCO granted copyright appeal

By Justin
Aug 26, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCO has managed to hang on to its existence for a little longer, following a recent appeals hearing. Although the company has been defeated in court numerous times, filed for bankruptcy, been delisted on the stock exchange and is facing more loss, they are still moving forward with lawsuits as a revenue source. This development comes after SCO won an appeal in court this week, backtracking on previous court decisions.

Read the whole story
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

"they are still moving forward with lawsuits as a revenue source"
    Get a grip SCO you morons. That's not a viable business model.
    Give it up. Your time is over now.
  3. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Didn't Microsoft fund part of this lawsuit circus, the part against Linux? It's just a vague memory and I might be wrong. But if the suit against Novell includes portions targeted at Linux and open source in general... from Microsoft's normal "nothing personal, it's just business, and anyhow I've got mine now gimme yours" operating philosophy it would make sense for them to keep the SCO lawsuit fantasy going.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.