Screen goes black + system error

By anbu15
Jun 25, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my laptop screen has been going blank at random times for no apparent reason. It's not in sleep mode and the screen didn't shut off. I'm not sure if the computer is still responsive but i tried starting windows shutdown with the power button but it didn't work so the only way to fix it is by forcing the power off. I've also been getting this system warning in the event viewer a lot.

Code:
    A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: AMD Northbridge
    Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
    Error Type: 14
    Processor ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

im not sure if its connected to the screen problem or not. i googled it and other forums said it my be something with the motherboard or the power supply but i don't have the same problems as the other people had.

specs
    gateway m2626u
    cpu: amd turion x2 2.1Ghz dual core
    ati: radeon 3200 hd

EDIT: okay it seams my whole system freezes when the screen goes black. also i noticed that that the screen sometimes flickers once now. (well not the monitor just everything on the screen. the backlight stays the same.)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.