Scsi and raid host controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that in my device manager that SCSI/RAID Host controller was not installed it has a big question mark on my device manager also, CDROM and floppy drive are not functioning though it said that they are already installed and working but still they are not working itried to reinstall them but the problem is still there. I hope someone knows how to silve this problem
thanks.

by the way im using XP

Welcome to TechSpot

I assume you got a newly installed/updated OS on your PC. Did you install the drivers that came with the motherboard?

Yap, I upgrade my OS from 98 to XP but it was 3 months ago i've been using it for 3 months. The problem came in when i clean my PC I remove all Hard Drives and take off the dust, webs etc. then when I put back all the drives the problem came up. I uninstall and reinstall it, still my PC cant read the CDROM and Floppy disk. I check my device manager, SCSI and Raid Host Controller a big Question mArk, I reinstall it but it doesnt solve the problem.

Check that you connected the disks to their proper cables.

Check that the red line on the IDE-cable is in line with position 1 of the connectors on both mobo and CD.
The floppy must be attached at the end of its cable AFTER the crossed wires, again ligning up the red line on the cable to position 1.

A CD does not run from a RAID-connector, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back