Seattle selected for gigabit fiber network by Gigabit Squared

By Shawn Knight
Dec 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. It looks like Kansas City might not be the only place in the US to get a residential high speed fiber Internet connection in the not-too-distant future. A company by the name of Gigabit Squared has just been given permission...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,230   +314

I live two blocks - TWO BLOCKS - from where one of the proposed neighborhoods are for this.

Grrrr...damn bad karma. :(
    9Nails likes this.
  3. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

Your closer then me. I live several states away :(.

But at least is closer than Kansas City
  4. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 616   +185

I'd pay good money for ANY unlimited broadband. If it was reliable and has lower pings or better speed than 3G that would be a bonus! But I'm <I>so</I> glad Seattle is getting this..they were really in need of more bandwidth /s

<I>Sigh..</I>
  5. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

I Should Have Been Spokane....
    Darn It....

:)
  6. So if the security of this broadband wireless system is compromised, the entire neighbourhood instantly gets infected? Having background knowledge of wireless security systems, and the fact that faster computers means faster break-ins...I'll stick with my "Old school" wire. I'm still getting 50Mb up/down to my house and that's more than enough for me.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.