Security Toolbar 7.1 traces

Status
Not open for further replies.

levi1018

I just got the security toolbar crap and removed it from my browser (ie7) by removing it as an add-on. I then removed it using Add/Remove programs. But there is still a little flashing blue-?-sheild to red-x-sheild on my menu bar which gives off little warnings and a link to download some most likely fake virus protection. Is there any way to get rid of this.

Note: I refuse to purchase SpyNoMore as it sems they're behind the whole thing I think. Why does it seem their program is the only 1 that seems to work against this infection.

Help much appreciated.

please go to https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ and follow all the instructions exactly. after which, poste all required logs such as avg,combo,vundo and hjt. be sure to chang the name of hijack this and place it within its own folder in programme files or docs. eg, C:/prog files/hijackthis/analysethis v_2.exe.

please post your logs as attachments and not a copy and paste. to do this go to additional options ,attach files and select manage attachments. these are located below the reply box

this thread is for the use of levi1018 only, if you have similar problems, please start a new thread in security and the web forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back