Setup did not find any hard disk drivrs installed in your system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all ,,

I have that problem when I tried to install win xp sp 2

what I have is sp1 ,,

my MB is :

GA-8VM800M-775

VIA P4M800 chipset

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB Hard Drive
6V080E0, Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s, 7200 RPM, OEM

I think there is something to do with the BIOS

But I'm not quit sure what to change

plz help how to let the win cd installation can be able to see
the HD ????

Firstly you need to check on the initial boot screen or in the bios to make sure bios sees your drives, but I think the problem is that you have a sata hard drive and some boards will not see these drives unless you install drivers.

What you need to do is go onto the site that made your mobo, or use your setup cd (from another computer) And find the sata drivers - they will not be the windows drivers but a small driver utility that you can extract to a floppy disk - when you extract the drivers you should have several files, one of them will be called something like textsetup.oem or something similar, then you know you have the right one, once you have extracted these to floppy you can run the windows cd again from the computer your uinstalling windows to (If you dont have a floppy you need to attach one temporarily) and as XP is loading, insert the floppy).

Now at the first blue screen of XP setup it will be loading drivers at the bottom of the screen, and it will say press F6 or F* (one of the two) to install aditional drivers, press this key, then it will read the floppy and give you the option to install your boards sata drivers - if there are several drivers install them all one by one.

After you have done this setup will continue and it will find your drive.

Thank you ,, I'll try that but can I be able to download that sata driver from:

The HD manufacture or the mobo website online or do I have to search for it from the mobo CD ?

So I don't have to change BIOS setting do I ??

No you wont have to change the bios setting - especially if you already have xp sp1 installed (is that right?).

Download the driver from the mobo manufacturers website (gigabyte by the looks of it).

Also though, if you already have xp sp1 installed, why dont you just install service pack 2?

yes exactly, dont put the exe on the floppy though, actually extract it.

and one of the files must be called textsetup.oem or something similar, or its the wrong download.

Then put xp and floppy disk in at the same time (but make sure you set it to boot from the cd and not the floppy disk.

Then hit f6 durin setup and follow instructions to load the drivers then it should work.

actually I did extract the file and I found >>

TXTSETUP.OEM

and 3 other folders called

VISTA - X64 - X86

how did it mean win vista !! I wanted to install XP

anyway so do I need to paste only the

TXTSETUP.OEM file to floppy or the whole files ??

paste the whole files onto the floppy, x86 will be xp 32 bit processotrs, x64 will be for the 64bit processors and vista folder is probably a new addition to accomodate vista.

Paste all files in the follow previous instructions, should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back