Sfc /scannow and xphome w/sp3 iso disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch

Hello,

Planning to do a clean install of XPHome which is an ISO disk.
With my current OS W2000, on occasion I checked the file integraty of the OS with sfc /scannow prompt.
Question is: Can I do the same, if needed, with XP Home ISO disk?

Thanks in advance.

Windows CD doesn't come as .iso file.
Is it some kind of torrent download?

Windows CD doesn't come as .iso file.
Is it some kind of torrent download?

Thanks. Not sure what "torrent" means, but it is a downloaded ISO file burned to a DVD and it has a valid product key.
I'm not to computer savey, but does this answer your question?

I'm not aware of any possibility of legally downloading any XP .iso file.
Where exactly did you get that file from?

I'm not aware of any possibility of legally downloading any XP .iso file.
Where exactly did you get that file from?

It is somewhat besides the point but it came from www.elecsurf.com.
It is downloaded directly from MS server.

Can we get back to my original question? If you don't know the answer...that's fine.

Thanks

You can download legal .iso of win xp from technet. I work at a college and we have a technet subscription. They stopped sending out media and all the newest products come from a secure download site as .iso. I am also trying to look at running sfc /scannow from a mounted .iso rather than keep having to write xp disks all over the place.

Downloading from a University (where they have a volume license with educational discounts) is very different than what the real world experiences and is allowed to do. The EULA from the University will explicitly forbid a non-student to use any such software.

To continue in this practice will place the University and all participants at risk.
Caveat Emptor.

The comment was that there is no way to legally download an .iso of windows xp and i was merely stating there was. Any way as the user has stated that he bought a legitimate copy of Windows XP, i dont see why Broni was trying to be deliberately unhelpful.

I have done a bit more research and found a website but i cant post it until i have done 5 posts. If you google:

updatexp scannow sfc

it was the first site on the list and seemed to give a fairly exhaustive description on steps to run sfc with i386 folder copied locally or by editing the registry to allow isos to be mounted and pointed to.

Hope this is helpful Dutch.

Regards

Locrieth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back