Sharing files & printers over different networks ( Simple Question... )

Opinions about my Project.

1. Good and easy

0 vote(s)
  2. Pointless

0 vote(s)
  3. Hard but good idea

1 vote(s)
By systemFailure
Jun 15, 2004
  1. Simple Question...

This is just a simple problem that I just cant figure out. I attached a picture so I could explain better. The purpose is that I want to be able to share all my printers and also I want to be able to transfer files between the computers, so far I have been able to look from the 10.0.100.X network to the 10.0.10.X network but I cant seem to get it to work the other way.

I am no master of networking but! This is kind of my special project, my family is going to be really glad, the thing that looks like a lightning thing means that its trough wireless, the reazon I dont use only ONE router is that the G router is mine and I do a lot of heavy transfers between my laptop and my desktop and when I get mad I want to be able to isolate their lan more easily. I hope someone can help me out here :grinthumb

Thanks and just in case, I'm a newbie

- Title edited

Attached Files:

• lan.jpg
      File size:
      89.3 KB
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

3. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

I don't know about the networking stuff, but I like the pictures of the PCs, laptops and so on, where did you get them?
  4. systemFailure

systemFailure TS Rookie Topic Starter

I Used Microsoft Visio, Trust me I'm super bad at drawing so you will probably make it better.

Hey thank you so much for that webpage it looks like its complete with everything, I'm printing it out and I'll read it at school, I gotta go I'm late for english lit class :dead:
  5. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

hmmm I had visio 2002, and i didnt have any nice pics like that, must be the new 2003 version
  6. systemFailure

systemFailure TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yeah its the Visio 2003 if you are online while using it then the program will use the internet connection to get the clip arts you search for.
  7. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

What are the TCP/IP configurations on the client computers? Are the subnet masks set right? You have to turn off all packet filtering on your local routers or explicitly enable Windows Networking ports.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.