TechSpot

Sharkoon announces Tactix keyboard for cash-strapped gamers

By Matthew
Jul 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Sharkoon has announced what is possibly the most affordable keyboard specifically designed for gamers. For €12.99 (roughly $15 and change), the Tactix offers most of the essential features you'd expect to find in a gaming keyboard, including support for up…

Read more

2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 814   +93

With 18 keys at once, now I can pull off all the moves I couldn't before! -_-

3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Are you using your toes? I found my K/D ratio really went up (down?) when I started using them. Only noobs use 10 digits.

spydercanopus likes this.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,511   +503

This looks kind of nice for people who work on a budget, the key quality and the loudness/preasure needed for typing will make it a hit or a sink.

5. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TS Guru Posts: 377   +81

I'm 16, still on pocket money, and this actually looks pretty decent!

6. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Guys, I play a game called Darkfall Online, it's basically one hell of a competitive, full loot, fps/melee fest of a game.

There are so many spells that you must be able to access quickly that I make full use of a Naga and an amazing autohotkey script.

I have a major problem when I'm trying to cast some of the spells I have bound to Shift+(any key after t), and anti-ghosting would fix it. I don't need macro's, etc., so this keyboard would be perfect if it lives up to it's hype.

THAT's the benefit to the large number of keys being able to be pressed.

7. techf1end

techf1end TS Rookie

hell ive been using just a logitech k250 for gaming, I do have razer nostromo to use as well but this for the price looks like a good deal to me!

8. peperonikiller

peperonikiller TS Member Posts: 75

Looks too much like a Dell keyboard.

9. The only complaint I have is the short backspace key. Other than that, it looks like a good value.

10. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,323   +135

I'd actually agree with you guest, I am so use to the longer backspace key, and when I use it it's usually with my ring finger (as my pinky is a little too short) so therefor I hit the backspace button on the side nearest my hand. If my G110 ever breaks, this would be good value to game with while getting a replacement.... the backspace isnt a big deal since I do game more on my PC than what I type.

11. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,557   +862

looks nice, although I (personally) would rather pay $5 more and get a line of macro buttons on the left side...

12. Even for cash-strapped gamers the SIDEWINDER X4 or the ROCCAT Arvo still seems like the better value.

13. looks like my 5 dollar keyboard but with less buttons, not impressed.

14. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Umm, it's not about the appearance, guys. Like I stated. Ghosting.