Side-by-side Configuration is incorrect?

Inactive
By Feoros
Aug 5, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, two days ago my laptop started having this problem where it saying " The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail." ...This problem happened overnight, I was on the computer playing a game the night before and everything was working fine, the game itself, the internet, everything. Then woke up the following morning having this problem, the only thing I saw was the computer ran the windows update when I was asleep, though I had the computer in sleep mode so I don't know if its suppose to do that or not, I was not even sure if this was a virus or malware problem, though I didn't think it was. If anyone knows what is going on help me out, feel free to ask for more details.
  2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 46,416   +252

3. Feoros

Feoros Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

None of this will help me because I cannot run any programs, it just keeps having the pop up say "The Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". So please give me some other alternative. I really do not want to have to reinstall my system.
  4. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 46,416   +252

I don't think, we're dealing here with any infection.
    There is a lot of hits on Google, regarding your error, but none of them connects the error to some infection.

I suggest, you repost at Windows forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.