Silverstone mini-ITX case can fit Radeon HD 5970

By Matthew
Jan 11, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverstone has revealed a mini-ITX chassis roomy enough to accommodate hardware that would choke up many mid-tower cases. In addition to a Core i7-860 with a full-sized heatsink and 4GB of DDR3 RAM, the company showed its SUGO SG07 housing today's most beastly graphics card, the dual-GPU Radeon HD 5970, which is about 30cm long.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Pretty slick looking case. But I still think you're going to have heating issues if you put that sized (and power-hungry) hardware crammed in within fractions of an inch with each other.
  3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,783   +639

Seconded.
    When you need to swap out hardware do Silverstone's support site recommend a local tech known to have little-itty-bitty hands?
  4. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 893   +98

Well actually cooling should be pretty good granted the vents are a decent size and well located. The CPU gets a direct intake located less than an Inch away from it, the PSU must have a direct intake and exhaust too. As long as the GPU has a good size air inlet (IE the video card could be right up against the side of the case to suck in cool air and exhaust out the rear without a problem. All I can say is thats easily the most powerful and portable gaming PC I have ever seen.
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

True but if your going to spend the money on that kind of graphics power why not get a bigger a case and a proper motherboard?
  6. nice little cooking pot
  7. Captain828

Captain828 TechSpot Guru Posts: 277

That kinda beats the idea behind ITX boards and such cases.
  8. Burty117

Exactly! why would anyone in the right mind buy an ITX motherboard for a graphics card like that? and if you look at the picture its not that small really considering what ITX is designed for. this case makes no sense.
  9. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Maybe i could hide it under my desk at work :) I am sure no one would notice the noise ;-)
  10. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

I actually see the appeal in a powerful ITX pc. With the size, you can easily move the computer from room to room, or even bring it to a friend's house, and you will not be limited by the performance of a laptop. And if you are into LAN gaming, then this is perfect. And if I could afford it, I would much rather have a tiny PC like this, even if I did have space for a larger case.
  11. Burty117

But surely if you go to a LAN party you want to turn up with the flashyest case possible?! I have the coolermaster Type S case, its the biggest you can get on the market and the only case in the world that supports triple radiator on the inside of the case (its that big). when I go to a LAN party overyone cannot believe there eyes because its also really goodlooking as its designed around sports cars. I don't see why this would be impressive at a LAN?

12. Burty117

And why are you going to be moving a DESKTOP pc around your house on a daily basis? Get a laptop if so.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.