Silverstone mini-ITX case can fit Radeon HD 5970

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Silverstone has revealed a mini-ITX chassis roomy enough to accommodate hardware that would choke up many mid-tower cases. In addition to a Core i7-860 with a full-sized heatsink and 4GB of DDR3 RAM, the company showed its SUGO SG07 housing today's most beastly graphics card, the dual-GPU Radeon HD 5970, which is about 30cm long.

Unlike most mini-ITX cases, Silverstone's latest entry doesn't skimp on cooling, either. The SUGO SG07 is outfitted with a 180mm top fan adorned with a dust filter. It also comes with a built-in 600W power supply that has shortened cables and has space for a 3.5" hard drive and a slim optical drive. Silverstone's SUGO SG07 will ship soon for about $150.

Permalink to story.

Pretty slick looking case. But I still think you're going to have heating issues if you put that sized (and power-hungry) hardware crammed in within fractions of an inch with each other.

Seconded.
When you need to swap out hardware do Silverstone's support site recommend a local tech known to have little-itty-bitty hands?

Well actually cooling should be pretty good granted the vents are a decent size and well located. The CPU gets a direct intake located less than an Inch away from it, the PSU must have a direct intake and exhaust too. As long as the GPU has a good size air inlet (IE the video card could be right up against the side of the case to suck in cool air and exhaust out the rear without a problem. All I can say is thats easily the most powerful and portable gaming PC I have ever seen.

True but if your going to spend the money on that kind of graphics power why not get a bigger a case and a proper motherboard?

burty117 said:
True but if your going to spend the money on that kind of graphics power why not get a bigger a case and a proper motherboard?
That kinda beats the idea behind ITX boards and such cases.

captain828 said:
burty117 said:
That kinda beats the idea behind ITX boards and such cases.

Exactly! why would anyone in the right mind buy an ITX motherboard for a graphics card like that? and if you look at the picture its not that small really considering what ITX is designed for. this case makes no sense.

burty117 said:
Exactly! why would anyone in the right mind buy an ITX motherboard for a graphics card like that? and if you look at the picture its not that small really considering what ITX is designed for. this case makes no sense.

Maybe i could hide it under my desk at work :) I am sure no one would notice the noise ;-)

I actually see the appeal in a powerful ITX pc. With the size, you can easily move the computer from room to room, or even bring it to a friend's house, and you will not be limited by the performance of a laptop. And if you are into LAN gaming, then this is perfect. And if I could afford it, I would much rather have a tiny PC like this, even if I did have space for a larger case.

But surely if you go to a LAN party you want to turn up with the flashyest case possible?! I have the coolermaster Type S case, its the biggest you can get on the market and the only case in the world that supports triple radiator on the inside of the case (its that big). when I go to a LAN party overyone cannot believe there eyes because its also really goodlooking as its designed around sports cars. I don't see why this would be impressive at a LAN?

And why are you going to be moving a DESKTOP pc around your house on a daily basis? Get a laptop if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back