Sims 2 Double Deluxe problems

Kaorichan2009

It's been a while since I've posted but I've obtained most of the Sims 2 and I TRIED to install Double Deluxe but for some reason my dvd drive isn't recognizing the disc. It spins up and tries to read it, but doesn't do much in the line of effort to read it.
There are no scratches and I took care of the smudges with a cloth. Still unable to read the install disc. It'll read the promo/bonus disc and play it just fine though.
The computer is a Windows 7 with an HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT60N Drive.
I have enough RAM, Graphics and other things to run it.
300 Gigs of Space left on the HDD. No idea what's going on here.

You might have a bad optical drive. Does it work with other DVDs (DVDs not CDs)? Do you have access to another DVD drive with which to substitute for testing purposes?

Works with DVDs just fine, just popped in Captain America and tried Gargoyles S1 on it. And I don't have anymore optical drives around. Suggestions on how to clean the lens though, could give that a go.

Perhaps the simplest might be to give it a shot of compressed air although I've never done this myself so I really can't give you guidance on this. Sorry. It is certainly worth a try though.

I'll give it a whirl and keep trying the disc. I can still return them luckily, was a good find in a thrift store though.
Looks like the drive is not accepting of DVD games, works fine with DVD movies and the CD versions of games/music. Double Deluxe finally worked after trying a few times and the only other disc that's a DVD was Apartment Life (And boy was it gross looking). Gave it a thorough scrubbing and tried it. I'm not bothering with it if it's gonna be an issue.
Cleaning the lens didn't seem to help, think the drive's just not accepting of DVD games, I find this weird.

Last edited:
Back