Sims Castaway Stories and DirectX 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiqong

Today I bought Sims Castaway and to my dissapointment it did not work. Our computer was wiped just over a month ago and I had Sims2 on it and it worked fine. I haven't really had the time to play it since we got our computer back so I haven't installed it again. I noticed that a lot of people get the same error message when they try to play Sims2:
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
**NOTE**This is for Sims Castaway and NOT Sims2 (I haven't tried that one yet...)
I'm kind of new to this, so I don't know how to get all the information, but right now I can tell you the following:
When I do a dxdiag:
SYSTEM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: P4VMM2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHZ
Memory: 480 MB RAM
Page file: 233 MB used, 892 MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DISPLAY
Device-
Name: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
Manufacturer: S3 Graphics, Inc.
Chip Type: S3 P3M266
DAC Type: S3 SDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024x768 (32 bit) (758Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Driver-
Main Driver: S3gnb.dll
Version: 6.13.0010.1048
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Mini VDD: S3gnbm.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI Version: 7

Thank you to whoever tries to help me! And also, bear with me because I'm not up to par on all the technical jargon...I don't even know what a lot of the stuff in the info up there is supposed to signify...

Yeah, it should be fun...if I ever get it to work, lol.
I downloaded the version off of that site, but the message still came up.
However, it does feel nice to know that this version doesn't look funny.

Oh, I also checked to see if there were updates for my video card and couldn't find any. I also tried to download other drivers from the S3 site but whenever I tried to install it it said that the hardware (card I'm assuming) isn't compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back