Skyrim Crossfire fix

By red1776
Nov 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. For those of you waiting eagerly for AMD to deliver a Crossfire profile for Skyrim, they can be had here in the form of 11.11b

They can be had here;
    http://www.guru3d.com/news/amd-catalyst-1111b-performance-driver-released/
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,705   +590

I was going to link the hotfix yeasterday, but people still seem to have issues with the driver (noteably graphical corruption)-some of which will be game bugs rather than driver related, although this driver seems to break other games - noteably the near unbreakable Supreme Commander !
    I don't play TESV so I've not worried about the hotfix. People are reporting that BF3 runs faster but may freeze-not a biggie for me as BF3 is on the Nv rig.
    Might pay to check out the forums if anyone is actively playing a number of games -may save the need to start a thread.
    [Steam forum]
    [OCN forum]
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Topic Starter Posts: 5,847   +64

I am starting to see the same elsewhere, I am wondering if the file is bad.
  4. dividebyzero

Possibility...depends on what comes out first - a press release for a new link, or 11.11c

Feels more like a rush job to me- maybe only limited code testing and a few new games released back-to-back that need attention ( Rage, Skyrim, BF3, Batman:AC ) stretching resources.
  5. red1776

well the link is gone over at Guru3D
    11.11c by 7am? LOL
  6. dividebyzero

7. red1776

Wizzards crew is starting to ***** as well
  8. dividebyzero

Unsurprising.
    RPG players I think would rather sell their families into slavery than have anything disrupt their game
  9. medex452

medex452 Newcomer, in training

Lol, I'm not that hardcore, but i bet some are.
  10. dividebyzero

11.11c download link
  11. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Hear anything negative about 11c so far? Tempted to give it a try as I've passed on the last couple due to reading people having more problems than improvements.
  12. dividebyzero

Doesn't seem much different from the 11.11b from what I'm reading ( [ Steam] [TPU]) except that the HD5000 series are supposedly catered for. The release notes for 11.11b and 11.11c seems exactly the same.

You might need to either try for yourself or browse the enthusiast/gaming forums- mainstream site threads are probably composed of the usual 90% FUD/trolling.
  13. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Ya guess I'll give them a shot, always hard to judge what's real or not on many feedback threads. Always turns into flamewars between AMD & NVIDIA fans with the eventual Hitler analogy anyway :( .

14. dividebyzero

I eagerly await the next Youtube sensation...."Hitler Reacts to Relic's Post"
  15. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 854   +84

11.11b did Crossfire for Skyrim on 6000 series cards, as well as what was in the first post.

11.11c did Crossfire for Skyrim on the 5000 series cards only.

Also, you are to use the CAP2's with both of these drivers.
  16. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 854   +84

You forgot this entry in the release notes:

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    New in Catalyst 11.11b: Delivers AMD CrossFire performance scaling for AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
    AMD Radeon HD 5000 CrossFire support will be supported soon in an updated driver

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.