Skyrim Crossfire fix

red1776

For those of you waiting eagerly for AMD to deliver a Crossfire profile for Skyrim, they can be had here in the form of 11.11b

New in Catalyst 11.11b:

Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling for (Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations)

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling
Improves performance 2-7% on single GPU configurations
Resolve corruption seen when enabling Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon HD 6970 Series

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

Batman Arkham City
Improves DirectX 11 performance for single GPU configurations

Rage
Resolves a number of image / stability issues seen with the title:
Fix geometry corruption, sometimes seen in Bash TV entrance
Fix issues with Low-memory conditions on 32bit systems.
Fix issue with extreme corruption with missing textures on 32bit systems.
Fix memory leaks when deleting/reusing sync objects.
Fix hitching and pausing, especially noticeable on some Quad Core systems when doing races and Stanley Express runs.
Fix some missing shadows

Battlefield 3
Resolves intermittent corruption seen when playing the game at specific camera angles

AMD Catalyst 11.11b Perf Driver Win XP
AMD Catalyst 11.11b Perf Driver Wi

They can be had here;
http://www.guru3d.com/news/amd-catalyst-1111b-performance-driver-released/

I was going to link the hotfix yeasterday, but people still seem to have issues with the driver (noteably graphical corruption)-some of which will be game bugs rather than driver related, although this driver seems to break other games - noteably the near unbreakable Supreme Commander !
I don't play TESV so I've not worried about the hotfix. People are reporting that BF3 runs faster but may freeze-not a biggie for me as BF3 is on the Nv rig.
Might pay to check out the forums if anyone is actively playing a number of games -may save the need to start a thread.
[Steam forum]
[OCN forum]

Possibility...depends on what comes out first - a press release for a new link, or 11.11c

Feels more like a rush job to me- maybe only limited code testing and a few new games released back-to-back that need attention ( Rage, Skyrim, BF3, Batman:AC ) stretching resources.

Unsurprising.
RPG players I think would rather sell their families into slavery than have anything disrupt their game

Hear anything negative about 11c so far? Tempted to give it a try as I've passed on the last couple due to reading people having more problems than improvements.

Doesn't seem much different from the 11.11b from what I'm reading ( [ Steam] [TPU]) except that the HD5000 series are supposedly catered for. The release notes for 11.11b and 11.11c seems exactly the same.

You might need to either try for yourself or browse the enthusiast/gaming forums- mainstream site threads are probably composed of the usual 90% FUD/trolling.

You might need to either try for yourself or browse the enthusiast/gaming forums- mainstream site threads are probably composed of the usual 90% FUD/trolling.

Ya guess I'll give them a shot, always hard to judge what's real or not on many feedback threads. Always turns into flamewars between AMD & NVIDIA fans with the eventual Hitler analogy anyway :( .

Doesn't seem much different from the 11.11b from what I'm reading ( [ Steam] [TPU]) except that the HD5000 series are supposedly catered for. The release notes for 11.11b and 11.11c seems exactly the same.

11.11b did Crossfire for Skyrim on 6000 series cards, as well as what was in the first post.

11.11c did Crossfire for Skyrim on the 5000 series cards only.

Also, you are to use the CAP2's with both of these drivers.

For those of you waiting eagerly for AMD to deliver a Crossfire profile for Skyrim, they can be had here in the form of 11.11b

They can be had here;
http://www.guru3d.com/news/amd-catalyst-1111b-performance-driver-released/

You forgot this entry in the release notes:

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
New in Catalyst 11.11b: Delivers AMD CrossFire performance scaling for AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 CrossFire support will be supported soon in an updated driver

Back