Slow processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boxy Brown

Hey, I just got a free computer, well actually somebody was throwing it away and I took it, I know what your thinking but it works perfectly. So anyway I wiped it's hard drive and looked up it's specs because I want to use it to play games. I have my old video card, not the greatest but It'll do for now till I can get the money for a better one. I'm goona upgrade the ram to 1Gb very soon. The only real problem with it is it's processor is an Intel Pentium 4 1.4 Ghz. Processors are pretty expensive so I can't afford to upgrade it, so I was wondering how badly is that going to affect my gameplay. I know video cards and ram are the most important for games, but this thing is pretty slow. So yeah I was just wondering if thats goona screw up the gameplay badly. Thanks.

List all the specs on the computer and what games you are trying to play, then we can give you a better estimate on how thell loook and how smoth thell play

If you are into playing last gen games, and it has a somehwhat decent dedicated graphics card, it should play em.

Playing something like battlefield 2 or FEAR however, would be though.

It would have 1Gb ram, my old Nvidia Geforce 5500, and the 1.4ghz processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back