Smartphone that will hyperlink phone numbers from document?

I need a smartphone that I can put a document with addresses and phone numbers on and the smartphone will hyperlink the number straight from the document.

I currently use iPhone 3gs and a app (Documents by Savy Soda) and it works: wifi doc to phone; open app; open doc; touch phone number and WaLa! it calls the number

I tried Windows phone thinking with Word and Excel on it, the phone would call from the document. NOT! I sent a file to a friend who has and Android phone and it won't do it either.

I'm not fond of Apple, so my question is:

IS THERE ANY PHONE OUT THERE THAT WILL HYPERLINK PHONE NUMBERS FROM A DOCUMENT?

Moderator note: drgerry, no need to shout.

Stick with the iPhone then. But I know with Gmail if you open a doc with cell number on it will launch Android phone apk. I haven't tried that with Window smartphone with Gmail.

Hmm - - strange. Even my dumb flip Nokia phone responds correctly to links and numbers in text messages and emails. Have you carefully examined the settings (pure guess on my part).

Hmm - - strange. Even my dumb flip Nokia phone responds correctly to links and numbers in text messages and emails. Have you carefully examined the settings (pure guess on my part).
I'm running the latest stock Android, and you can't share contacts with the SMS app or the other Hangouts (chat, SMS, combined) app. Things like this are highly ridiculous but they still exist. :(

Back