TechSpot

Some Nexus 7 tablets suffering from screen lifting and dead pixels

By Shawn Knight
Jul 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Some Nexus 7 early adopters are getting a bit more than they bargained for in the $199 tablet, and not in a good way. Reports and photos have been surfacing this week that show two major display-related issues affecting Google's……

Read more

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,608   +292

Don't screens and devices have the old acceptable tolerances of dead pixels clauses anymore? x amount of stuck on, x amount of stuck off, in relation to where they are on the screen? Maybe that is something I remember from the early days of TFT screens and TVs...

3. Neojt

Neojt TS Booster Posts: 166   +22

Well this kind of article will really damage the sells of the product.!

im still interested has Asus normally makes good products and honor the warranty VERY easily

4. Xero07

Xero07 TS Booster Posts: 100

So far so good with mine.

5. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

Other than making people aware, I really don't see how this is that big of a problem. No where in this article or the link does it say how many units were found defective unless I missed it somewhere. I'm sure the same story could have been written about some company's toasters or vacuum cleaners.

6. Seventh Reign

Seventh Reign TS Booster Posts: 131   +65

This is normal. Even the best and most expensive devices have flaws out of the assembly line. Nothing unusual about this at all. For every 100 flawless devices sold, 5 will have some kind of defect.

7. Seventh Reign

Seventh Reign TS Booster Posts: 131   +65

Fact: If news like this effected the sale of a product. There would never be another product sold in the history of the earth. Period.

8. FiveOhFour

FiveOhFour TS Rookie

Yes they do, and its ridiculous as ever, 3 pixels side by side or 5 seperated pixels or some such nonsense, but thats the authors point, those are stipulations for warranty service, if you return the item within its return period the reason doesnt matter.

9. FiveOhFour

FiveOhFour TS Rookie

Except in this case it seems to be much higher, and people are concernced because of the terrible QC Issues ASUS has become known for with their transformer tablets, not to mention lack of customer service.
    (sorry for double post)

10. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 304   +62

Oh god, not a dead pixel!! How is anyone ever going to see on those things??! Lol I joke, but hopefully these problems aren't that widespread. I'd be really disappointed in Google if I found out they pushed out defective hardware.