Something is wrong with my mobo

should I just force the cpu into the socket ?
No, definitely not! You want to get a replacement and report that to the manufacture. To try and force it in, you risk damaging your CPU. Then you would be out of a MOBO and CPU.

I agree with Blkfx1, never force a CPU into its socket. If the CPU doesn't fit in the socket, there is probably a reason as to why. That reason being the CPU maybe the wrong one for the socket.

If you raise the lever, the CPU should drop in place. If the CPU is properly aligned and still does not drop in place then there is a problem.

Which CPU are you attempting to place in the socket?

before buying the cpu did u check what socket is the mobo and cpu compatible to?

Mobo Name:
Cpu Name:

post those for more info

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Hello, [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]recently I bought a CM v6GT. while I was putting it in the [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]cpu [/FONT][FONT=inherit]socket[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana] on the motherboard cracked and my cpu fit in one side only.the other side just popping out. should I just force the cpu into the socket ?[/FONT][/LEFT]

I think I'm reading this differently than everyone above.

I'm reading it as he cracked his motherboard and now he can't get the heatsink to sit properly on the CPU.

It seems unlikely to me that a cracked motherboard is going to work at all since around the CPU socket there are so many traces. But, lets pretend one of those isn't cracked and the board would still work - IF that is the case, you could probably go buy a small bolt and nut from somewhere (or use one from something you have lying around) and bolt the heatsink mount down to the motherboard.

This is a pretty big leap of faith on my part, esp considering everyone else is looking at it differently. I was just thinking back to my Zalman heatsink mount..

Plus, if you have the right CPU for the socket, it should always fit in real easily and be level.

Back