Sony announces two Black Friday PlayStation 4 bundles

By Shawn Knight
Nov 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sony has announced a pair of Black Friday PlayStation 4 bundles as the company looks to widen the gap between its Redmond-based rival. Each of the new bundles includes two hit games which are practically free considering the sub-$400 price...

Read more
  2. Forg0t2

Forg0t2 TS Booster Posts: 147   +25

I bet this is only for the U.S. market?
  3. Jam Jack

Jam Jack TS Rookie Posts: 20   +6

Well the whole Black Friday thing is kind of an American thing
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

And this is another excellent reason why you should never preorder or early adopt anything, there are always better and cheaper deals to be had down the line.
  5. Forg0t2

Yeah but occasionally those items are than also sold at discount in Europe.
  6. Kevin82485

Kevin82485 TS Booster Posts: 159   +41

Meanwhile, I've been thoroughly enjoying my PS4 for the last year...
  7. risc32

risc32 TS Booster Posts: 186   +75

I think you should have waited another couple yrs and possibly saved even more ;)
    I hear ps2s are going for a song!
  8. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,164

I've been enjoying mine for the past four months. What's your point?
  9. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

Amazon are doing blackfriday deals in the UK ps4 and xbone bound to come up on a daily or flash deal.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

I'm pleased to hear it that but I'm not sure why you are telling me that.
  11. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 467   +96

Finally they're starting to get into that phase where they are basically adding games to the basic console bundle for the standard price. Adding a $60 game and bumping the price up $50 isn't a deal at all. I would love the bundle with Last of Us if only it didn't include that grand theft auto garbage. A Last of Us and Tomb Raider bundle would be reasonable and would be a killer bundle.
  12. Forg0t2

You want a bundle for the majority and an extra game that no one Will buy it for. Thats marketing. Never give them 2 games because that Will stall the purchase of an new game.
  13. Kevin82485

Kevin82485 TS Booster Posts: 159   +41

I'm glad that I didn't wait a year for a bundle. The year's more worth of gaming that I've had rather than waiting is worth whatever savings you're implying would have been had by waiting.
  14. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

I think what one person was saying in this thread is you can wait forever and the price will continue to go down. You've got to pick a point where it's worthwhile to you - and that will be different for different people. Without the early adopters the product will probably die off before the more conservative can get their hands on it. This holds true for pretty much any product.

I for one recenty purchased The Last of Us and have so far been thoroughly surprised in a good way. The game is presented and displayed in a manner far above my expectations for a console.
    Kevin82485 likes this.