Sony attacked again: 24.6 million accounts compromised

By Emil
May 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Sony, what does the scouter say about the hackers power level? It's over 9000!!!!!
  2. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

Lol, thumbs up
  3. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 857   +75

4. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 240   +11

Guest said:
    Sony, what does the scouter say about the hackers power level? It's over 9000!!!

*Scouter explodes!

Couldn't have said it better! LOL!
  5. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 343   +34

Nice reference to an old tv show. Sony is losing their reputation by the day now.... oh wait, didn't they already lose the trust of their customers.
  6. Massive failure by Sony to protect it's customers data. These hackers are not just doing it for fun anymore, they're doing it to try to hurt Sony's reputation and wallet. It's a war now!
  7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

My ps3 is still unopened along with mag. They may just stay that way.
  8. Jurassic4096

Jurassic4096 Banned Posts: 158

9. Sony is still around? I thought that company was long gone. Hmm, learn something new everyday.
  10. Recipe7

Recipe7 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 142

What a stupid statement.

11. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,649   +51

Whats that mean credit card ssn info passwords numbers?
  12. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,649   +51

l2read noob
  13. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,044   +37

lol wat
  14. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 335   +31

I wonder what happens when you piss hackers off... I guess we already know.
  15. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

haha epic quotes =D
  16. Faster they go bankrupt, the better for all of us.
  17. This is "NOT" a second attack...it's the same attack they are speaking of which is why SONY disabled PSN... The attack was aimed @ Sony Online Entertainment Network...which includes PSN.
    Again....!! Please don not mislead the gullible masses....! THIS IS NOT A SECOND ATTACK .

P.S: Guest above...You're an imbecile!!

18. BMfan

BMfan TechSpot Guru Posts: 470   +47

Explain how this is better for all of us,if you don't like their stuff then nothing is still forcing you to buy it.
  19. "Massive failure by Sony to protect it's customers data. These hackers are not just doing it for fun anymore, they're doing it to try to hurt Sony's reputation and wallet. It's a war now!"
    War against who? Hackers? That's like a war against crime. You're never going to wipe either out.

"Explain how this is better for all of us,if you don't like their stuff then nothing is still forcing you to buy it."
    I can think of one thing that is going to be better. Securing credit card info for customers.

Darth Shiv
  20. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,859   +343

Heh, at least sony is learning that they need some actual security on that stuff... heh.
  21. Wow news about Sony failing, that's a surprise.
  22. Essdee

Essdee Newcomer, in training

Oh darn it . . . . . Sony neds too work on there security system
  23. Its better for all of us for the reason that a company promised and is supposed to protect that information. If that company can not do that then they should not be around to give false hope. Sony brought it to themselves.
  24. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 939   +82

I was long under that impression. Going back to the rootkits found in the BMG music copy protection that they unleashed on consumers, their fake Blog (alliwantforxmasisapsp.com) surrounding the PSP, the whole Blu-Ray DRM mess that it is, to the famous Sony exploding batteries; and now your information with them cannot be kept safe? It seems they stay in the spotlight for not doing it right these days. I just can't figure out why/how people can continue to throw money at them.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.