Sony: Hold your arm up the longest and win $10,000

By Matthew
Nov 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Have the endurance of a Shaolin monk? Prove it and Sony will reward you handsomely. As part of its Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception contest, the company is offering $10,000 to…

Read the whole story
  2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

The best time on the site so far is 11 hours, 2 minutes, 18 seconds.
  3. Jesse

Jesse TS Evangelist Posts: 359   +41

heeeeeeey come on now... we are getting this news 3 days late! They have a head start!!!
  4. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,617   +494

So what, use a piece of fishing line to secure your hand in the appropriate position and take a nap? If no one is there to judge this "tournament/contest?" how are the results valid. This has to be the stupidest marketing ploy I have ever seen. Sony what the f are you thinking...
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Its actually not that bad of a contest. Its like saying sailing into an ocean that looks flat...for the first time is a bad idea. I dont see anyone else holding contest like this.
  6. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

nice n creative gl to all contenders
  7. who seriously has the time to sit with their hand (legitimately or otherwise) suspended in mid-air for an unreasonably long duration? do these people have lives? or is that what they are grasping for?
  8. i think the contest is a scam. a lot of people on youtube are reporting that there times aren't being saved and, incidentally, no one can seem to find the winners online... you'd think they'd be bragging. come on now, "nathan graves"?? are you serious?? that sounds fake, especially considering that he was the main character of a gameboy advance castlevania game.
  9. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

Shouldn't the title of this contest be "To see who can prop their arm up the longest"? :rolleyes:
  10. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

get off this site and go do something that makes you happy before you hurt someone.
    i think this was just done for fun. not really a bare knuckle type tournament.
  11. If you check the official rules, you cannot suspend your arm like you suggested, and you must be awake the whole time. They have judges check the webcam footage, as well
  12. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,261   +92

From the "Instructions":

From the "FAQ":

13. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258