Sony releases PS4 teaser video on eve of Xbox 720 reveal

By Shawn Knight
May 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Sony has released a teaser video for the upcoming PlayStation 4 on the eve of Microsoft’s reveal for the next generation Xbox. The clip, less than a minute in length, opens with an out-of-focus shot of what we presume is...

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,192   +445

"The fact that Sony didn?t actually show what the PS4 will look like during the unveiling was a common complaint among gamers and critics."

Can somebody explain to me how this is relevant to gaming?
    danhodge likes this.
  3. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 368   +68

I approve this message because it means, games that take advantage of my cards for PC.
    davislane1 likes this.
  4. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TechSpot Booster Posts: 279   +39

Well played Sony, well played.
  5. Now I have a clear image of how the ps4 looks........
  6. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 387   +97

It is used to play games.
    customcarvin, LukeDJ and Burty117 like this.
  7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,725   +874

I wonder if they are going to show off another remote on June 10.
  8. That was sort of lame ...
    spectrenad likes this.
  9. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

I like how everything Is a secret. How about if we make it secret if we will buy it or not. These companies are getting stupid. All they do is build up hype and then fail to live up to what they try to accomplish
    spectrenad likes this.
  10. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,192   +445

The hardware is used to play games. Criticism from "gamers and critics" that Sony didn't reveal the aesthetics of the system seems to me to miss the point of the event and make noise about an utterly trivial point. I don't recall anyone ever making a buy decision based on how a console would fit into their home decore.
  11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,385   +607

The year is 2013. Large flat-screen TV's with blueray players and home theatre systems abound. Why do you think the white xbox 360 was retired?

12. It has little to do with how it really looks. Gamers want to see the console to know it is done. Since we didn't see the console we can just assume that the videos shown where from a dev pc.
  13. pmkrefeld

pmkrefeld TechSpot Member Posts: 44

For gaming it isnt, but I for instance am waiting years for a console (or some version of it) which is an plain old brick so I can put it on my hifi-rack along other stuff. My fat PS3 destroyed the housing of my satellite receiver because of its damn ugly form and uneven weight distribution. I am seriously tired of some stupid designs with 10yr old kids in mind.
  14. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,773   +1,429

So your anger really has nothing to do with the gaming system design. One thing I have learned in life, kids are just as capable of learning as adults (possibly even more so). You could probably guess where my next sentence would have gone.
  15. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,023   +90

Song name anyone?
    aMerkuri likes this.
  16. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 456   +78

The PS4 is going to be black, definitely, definitely black.
  17. I hope in this thread there's no one stupid enough give stupid comment comparing PS4 or xbox 720 with high-end gaming rig..
  18. pmkrefeld

pmkrefeld TechSpot Member Posts: 44

Kids surely can learn stuff but their reasoning is on par with of that an piece of bread (we all were at this point) and the marketing department at "SomeBigCompany & Co." is making sure their new product is "so much cooler" than that of the competition... and thats what we (or at least I myself) do not need.
  19. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

So it's going to be a square black box, did not anticipate that.
  20. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 202   +11

So its going to be black and its going to have fans on it woot

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.