TechSpot

Sony/Vegas Movie Studio and my hardware

By DE_Tech
Mar 5, 2005
  1. I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio + DVD to edit home movies. I just recently installed it on my PC and it causes a fatal crash/reboot every time I start the software. Is my video card inadequate? Anyone have this problem too?

My system:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600
    Abit KG7 mother board
    512 Meg memory
    Diamond Stealth 3 AGP video card

Any ideas? If it is the video card, what do you recommend for a new one, no gaming, but heavy video editing?

2. shadow_29

shadow_29 TS Rookie Posts: 252

which version of the sony vegas movie studio do you have???id ont recall 4 or 5 having a high system requirement.getting a crash isnt necssarily a sign of inadequate graphic.it can be a driver problem,a bad installation,inadequate memory problem or just some corrupt file.since you only have to edit movies and not play any game or run any animation application,i highly doubt a large graphics requirement.even onboard video should handle however i must confess that i havent heard of diamond stealth line so cant say for sure only that it requires at least a direct x 8 card.call your customer support from sony/vegas movie studiomthey should help you out further.

3. DE_Tech

DE_Tech TS Rookie Topic Starter

Version

I am using Version 4.0a

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.