Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

Hi, If you want to know more detail about your PC's hardware, you could download the free program from;
http://www.piriform.com/speccy

When you run the program, wait 10 seconds for all the fields to fill in, then click on the light blue word 'motherboard'
which will expand and give you more info.

If you can post the info asked for by LookinAround then that will give important clues as to what is not currently working .

It's possible that the sound card is broken. Seen that a lot lately even with the proper drivers installed. Try to use a different sound card to be sure of that. Other than that the drivers could be the problem if they aren't the right ones.

Good evening I m Loris and I have the same problem of Navid with my audio driver.
I have 3DP Edition v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio) and win xp home with SP 3.
I have attached DXDIAG file and report the error in the components audio window:

device cannot start. (Code 10)
State Error
ID periferica PNP PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_80A11043&REV_50\3&61AAA01&0&8D
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\stac97.sys (5.10.4469.0 nd121 cp1, 266,89 KB (273.296 Byte), 04/09/2012 22.48)
please try to help me :)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi, Reading through your dxdiag report, it seems that you don't have audio driver or video drivers installed.
You should be able to download the correct drivers form your PC makers website, Dell, Toshiba, Acer etc.
But if you want to try another way which I have tried and works well;-
http://drivereasy.com/

It is free and should help you download the correct audio and video drivers you need.

Hi loris322

As mentioned by mike, you don't have the video driver installed for your video card.

Were you able to fix your audio problem? Did you find the right driver? It appears you have Sigmatel driver installed on your computer but your info suggests it might need a driver from a different vendor.

Let us know if you still need help

Back