Sound Card Or PC Causing Lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucumber

Playing BattleField, the game runs so smooth as long as i have sounds turned down to low quality! But if i put them upto high quality then the FPS drops dramatically....my specs are listed below, so its not like i have a poor Sound Card! But i was just curious whether a new sound card wud allow me to play with higher sound settings?

Thanks
Cucumber

you tried updating the drivers? sound card shouldn't affect performance more than a fps or so on that system

Are you playing Single Player or Multiplayer? In single player mode the Bot AI uses large amounts of CPU time and can lag your PC out (especially with large numbers of AI or the AI CPU time slider moved up). I have the same sound card and have no problems on medium quality sound settings.

Maybe it's the CPU that's processing audio. So with low quality, there isn't as much to calculate as with high quality.

Try setting the sound quality to medium or less. I have similiar problems with Unreal Tournament. Once i set a lower sound quality everything went smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back