Sound gone after reformat

yjcabansag

after I reformatted my pc the SOUND is gone while before I reformatted my PC there is a SOUND how can I solve this problem??

Did you neglect to install your chipset, LAN, sound and video drivers after the reinstallation of Windows?

What are your system specifications and operating system? Are there any yellow symbols next to any devices in the Device Manager?

I think you mean "symbols." What about the first question?

Also, where did you get the drivers you used?

ige t the drivers i used in my computer ditributor and the system specifications is this:

Machine name: IAN
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.100216-1441)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Trigem Computer, Inc.
System Model: DREAMSYS
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/03/03 01:57:18 Ver: 08.00.09
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 574MB used, 1118MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

I think the OP means they got the drivers from the computer distributor Mailpup.

Now sods law is about to tell me I've read it totally wrong! :haha:

See if you can find the most recent sound driver for your PC, uninstall the old one through Add or Remove Programs and install the new one.

I'm afraid you don't understand me. I'll try one more time. Find the latest driver for your sound card and install it. Be sure to uninstall the old sound driver first.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.100216-1441)
You reinstalled Service Pack 2

1) You should consider upgrading to Service Pack 3 (Microsoft doesn't support SP2 any longer). You are missing many updates

2) Have you run MS Update and installed all the updates for SP2 yet?? In fact, if your computer uses high definition audio then XP SP2 needs an update for high definition audio to work . See HERE

Have a look at the contents of your MBD driver cd.

There is probably an Audio Patch file there.

If there is a patch file, it has to be applied first.

As LookinAround says, you should apply the XP-SP3 update.

SP3 has the patch built in.

ah now my PC information is this

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Trigem Computer, Inc.
System Model: DREAMSYS
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/03/03 01:57:18 Ver: 08.00.09
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 541MB used, 1152MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
OK. I see you have now upgraded to XP SP3. Good. Did you try again to install the driver from your computer disk after the upgrade?? If still a problem after you try installing the driver again, please do this

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

NO nothing appears at the problem devices and what driver are you talking about to install again?

here is the dxdiag

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 4
Based on the information in your Dxdiag report, i'm guessing that either your sound card is disabled in BIOS or it is no longer working.

To check your computer BIOS settings, you'll need to enter your BIOS setup and look to see if there's a setting for Onboard Audio or other similar name. You want to make sure if the setting exists, it's not set to Disabled. If you find it, it should set to Enabled or something similar.

See this HERE for more info on how to enter your computer's BIOS setup menu. You'll need to know the Enter Setup key. I can't find any information about the Enter Setup key for your particular computer but as shown in the article, the first screen on power up usually tells you the Enter Setup key for your machine. (it's often F1 or F2 or F10 or Del or Esc key.. but can be different by manufacturer)

Also, be careful to not change any other setting in BIOS other then for your Audio/Sound

Back