Sound not working

By aznkidzx
Jul 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys.

So this is my story. I have these Insignia speakers, they have been working perfectly until today. I was listening to music and it suddenly went away. I checked if the wires were loose, they weren't. I also checked the device manager to see if there was a yellow exclamation. I have also tried updating the Realtek High Definition Audio Codec. I tried using my speakers on another computer and it worked. I tried using another pair of speakers on this computer and it didn't work. I don't think its speaker problems, is it something to do with my sound card? Could the sound card have been broken because I left my computer on too long?

Thanks.
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,783   +638

Sound card broken ? unlikely but possible.
    What sound card model ? If it's a Realtek codec, is it an add-in daughter card (i.e. Asus SupremeFX), an add-in board like a Creative X-Fi flavour ? or onboard sound -if onboard you will most likely need the download from the motherboard manufacturer.
    Have you tried System Restore to see if a previous known-working setting is still functional?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.