SoundCard FrontPanel RealTek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone this is my first post so go easy on me.

The problem is RealTek onboard soundcard with the Asrock ALiveNF7G-HD720p mainboard.

Im trying to plug my voip headphones and mic into the front panel, nothing.
Within the RealTek HD Audio Manager, Audio I/O there should be an option for back and front panel, alas with me theres no option for front panel. A search on line shows theres at lest 2 diffrent RealTek Audio Managers both with this option.

The OS is windows XP, the drivers are ALC662 DirectX9.0c 5.10.0.5519

Ive installed uninstalled the bundled drivers, the AC97 4.06 and High Definition Audio Codec from RealTek`s web page all without luck.

Any info or tips would be much appreciated.

V

Have you carefully examined your front panel and other connectins related to the sound sockets, using a strong light?
Unplug and reseat all cables.
Go to the device manager (Start->Control Panel->System-> Hardware-> Device Manager-> )
to be sure your sound actually is installed. If there are yellow or red flags, disable or remove exisiting drivers, and reinstall.
Take a look at Sound and Audio Devices in the Control Panel to be sure those settings are correct, and nothing is set to <Mute>

Ray Thanks for your post,
Ive checked the Front Panel Audio Header, the connection looks good, I tried reconnecting blew out excess dust etc, the USB on the front panel is working.
All drivers are working according to the device manager, the sound quality from the back panel is good.
At the minute Ive got the windows speaker icon (mixer) and the RealTek speaker icon in the system tray Im wondering if this is the problem, do I need the realtek software?

OK
Perhaps I need to get my eyes tested.

After checking and rechecking the BIOS I eventually noticed that front panel detection was on auto, I thought that was suffice, but after toggling it to enabled, all systems go, well not quite but 90% go.

So perhaps we can mark this as solved.

Thanks to raybay for trying.

I don't have a clue, really, but I have seen plenty of front panels where the wiring was incorrect, resulting in the wrong sockets putting out the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back