TechSpot

Spell Check / Attachments

By Maurice
Aug 5, 2004
  1. Probably the easiest of all my many queries to answer, but I'm completely k*******d, after all the trauma of setting up my new PC, & it seemed simpler to ask here, on TS.
    I can't activate the "ABC Spellcheck, where do I turn it on?

Also, I can't access attachments.

Will appreciate your help!

2. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

For the attachments I assume it's Outlook Express.Go to Tools / Options > Security tab > uncheck the box named "Do not allow attachments to be saved blah blah"

3. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 646

Thanks, Digit Alex,
    I like it!.......Digitalis= Deadly Nightshade, neat!, you trying to tell us something??

Maurice.

4. DigitAlex

Nope, DigitAlex = Digital + Alex ;)

5. Maurice

Oops!, sorry Digit Alex, didn't mean to offend, it's just that some members have very strange pseudonyms, one has the the name of a Aztec Sun God!, 'spect you know who I mean.

Maurice.

PS, Anyone out there know why my ABC Spellcheck can't be activated, as asked previously?, it's always worked before, on my previous PC's. I have always had XP Home

6. DigitAlex

No prob Maurice ! No idea about the aztec sun god though :(

And not much more ideas about ABC spellcheck ;) But your posts are fine, so I wonder why do you need a spellchecker anyway :p that might be the solution hehe

7. Maurice

Nope, Alex, I can't think of his "name", I have just tried looking through the members list, but it would be an endless task, I can't even remember the initial.
    I did look up his name, on Google I think, that's where I got the sun god definition.
    As to spellcheck, I use it mostly on lengthy emails to friends abroad, I am good at spelling, & use it mainly to check spacing errors etc., by the way, I didn't know that you can use it on posts, unless I'm missing something.

F.A.O., Julio;-At the last audit, approximately how many members does Techspot have?, is that info available to members?

8. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Welcome Back
    To get spellcheck working, in OE click on Tools/Options/Spelling and set it as you like it.
    Not sure if you need MS-Word installed for it to work.

9. Maurice

Thanks, rbs, I don't have Word, I thought it came with XP, but I remember now, a friend loaded it for me, better get him to do it again, first though, I'll try your suggestion.

Nice to hear from you, have missed the TS "family", & you're right, it IS a lovely day for a glass, [or glasses] of the black stuff, very hot here, 28c today. I saw tthat you have had some rain sweeping up through your locality, hope you missed it where you are.
    All the best, Maurice.

10. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

If you're looking for the amount of members that are actually active, go HERE, then sort the members by posts amount & I guess you could consider any member with more then 15 posts to be "active".

11. Maurice

Thanks, Didou, the quote tells me enough, I had guessed at over 10,000, but 14,000 odd,....wow!

Maurice.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.