Spell Check / Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Probably the easiest of all my many queries to answer, but I'm completely k*******d, after all the trauma of setting up my new PC, & it seemed simpler to ask here, on TS.
I can't activate the "ABC Spellcheck, where do I turn it on?

Also, I can't access attachments.

Will appreciate your help!

For the attachments I assume it's Outlook Express.Go to Tools / Options > Security tab > uncheck the box named "Do not allow attachments to be saved blah blah"

Thanks, Digit Alex,
I like it!.......Digitalis= Deadly Nightshade, neat!, you trying to tell us something??

Maurice.

Oops!, sorry Digit Alex, didn't mean to offend, it's just that some members have very strange pseudonyms, one has the the name of a Aztec Sun God!, 'spect you know who I mean.

Maurice.

PS, Anyone out there know why my ABC Spellcheck can't be activated, as asked previously?, it's always worked before, on my previous PC's. I have always had XP Home

No prob Maurice ! No idea about the aztec sun god though :(

And not much more ideas about ABC spellcheck ;) But your posts are fine, so I wonder why do you need a spellchecker anyway :p that might be the solution hehe

Nope, Alex, I can't think of his "name", I have just tried looking through the members list, but it would be an endless task, I can't even remember the initial.
I did look up his name, on Google I think, that's where I got the sun god definition.
As to spellcheck, I use it mostly on lengthy emails to friends abroad, I am good at spelling, & use it mainly to check spacing errors etc., by the way, I didn't know that you can use it on posts, unless I'm missing something.

F.A.O., Julio;-At the last audit, approximately how many members does Techspot have?, is that info available to members?

Welcome Back
To get spellcheck working, in OE click on Tools/Options/Spelling and set it as you like it.
Not sure if you need MS-Word installed for it to work.

Thanks, rbs, I don't have Word, I thought it came with XP, but I remember now, a friend loaded it for me, better get him to do it again, first though, I'll try your suggestion.

Nice to hear from you, have missed the TS "family", & you're right, it IS a lovely day for a glass, [or glasses] of the black stuff, very hot here, 28c today. I saw tthat you have had some rain sweeping up through your locality, hope you missed it where you are.
All the best, Maurice.

Members: 14,407, Threads: 13,831, Posts: 98,219
Welcome to our newest member, Bill Dell
If you're looking for the amount of members that are actually active, go HERE, then sort the members by posts amount & I guess you could consider any member with more then 15 posts to be "active".

Thanks, Didou, the quote tells me enough, I had guessed at over 10,000, but 14,000 odd,....wow!

Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back