TechSpot

Spo0lsv.exe!

By Tee
Feb 26, 2008
  1. hey, whenever i log into the my WindowsXP, i first have to wait more than normal time at the welcome screen, and then i get this error 'windows couldn't find spo0lsv.exe'

i've tried looking up the other threads but couldn't find it. i'm using AVG + zonealarm. please help.... its very annoying!

P.S. also, i wanted to ask one more thing. i once accidentally deleted the 'Show Desktop' button from quick launch. tried my best to get it back, but couldn't. any idea how to revive it??

Thanks.

2. Tee

Tee TS Rookie Topic Starter

one more thing. i just went to my system32 folder looking for spo0lsv.exe when i got AVG pop-up saying it as a trojan. here is what i found in AVG virus vault.

Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic9.SXM C:\WINDOWS\system32\spo0lsv.exe 2/26/2008 1:30:41 PM spo0lsv.exe 4 KB

3. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

hi Tee! welcome to techspot. as you are aware tat you are infected please go HERE and follow the instruction. on completion of the instructions (no short-cuts) return here and post all rquired logs

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.