Spoof Attacks on Network knock off internet for everyone

By TyPe-ZeRo
Sep 27, 2009
  1. Hello,

I've been dealing with an issue for a couple of weeks now it's driving me insane. I consider myself pretty advanced in computer knowledge however I don't know how to go about solving this issue.

I have a D-Link DI-624 router which is connected to a Cable Modem (Motorola SB5100).

Connected to this router, are:

- My PC via LAN port 1
    - Wireless Macbook
    - Wireless PC
    - Wireless Laptop
    - My iPhone

There is also an Asus repeater to boost the signal range around my house (ASUS WL-330GE). Both my repeater and router have the most up-to-date firmware.

My problem is this:

Sometimes when I load up uTorrent and Peerguardian, I will be knocked off the network temporarily. This affects everyone. At first I thought uTorrent was connecting to too many peers at any time so I lowered them. I keep lowering them and it's not fixing it. Now even when I stop using uTorrent, the problem persists.

At random intervals, the router will reset or reboot or something causing ALL connects to be temporarily lost until it reboots. My router logs SPOOF attacks but i'm using WPA rather than the weaker WEP so i'm not entirely quick to believe a script kiddie is messing around with me.

What do I do to fix it? It's quite aggravating. Preferably i'd like to not buy a new router.
  2. TyPe-ZeRo

TyPe-ZeRo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Okay the MAC address belongs to my repeater. But it's necessary that I have the repeater on.

Why is the repeater detected as a spoof attack?

Edit: Okay I added the MAC address to a Static DHCP Client List, hopefully instead of requesting for a LAN IP from the router several times, it will be assigned a Static IP. Maybe that'll fix it.
  3. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 229

it may fix it but alot of valid packt request are detected improperly due to the nature of the repeater and they way it receives and rebroadcasts the signal it thats why the router log inst all that reliable. think about the TECHNICAL difference in a repeater and a rouge access point
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.