TechSpot

Spot the flaws in this review?

By red1776
Nov 10, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,087   +84 Staff Member

:( I am terrible at these kinds of games.

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,356   +283

Me too Matthew - I did try though.

3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

Nopes, but I'm sure your gonna tell us Red! :)

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,980   +957

I don't need, and can't possibly afford this video card. Is that it? Did I figure it out? What do I win?

5. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

A free one-way bus ticket to get you out of the countryside... :haha:

6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,947   +728

1.Typo in the first para:
    -whole?
    2.Query on the Just Cause 2 bench. Bokeh filter/GPU water sim enabled for nvidia cards only? (AMD cards are capable of neither)
    3.Disparity between the visual graphic showing the IQ settings for Metro 2033 (4x multisample AA/16xAF + PhysX) and text description (Adaptive AA and presumeably PhysX disabled).
    4. Typo in the text for HAWX 2
    5. Temp testing using OCCT is probably invalid. As stated in the previous page of the review, power regulation will throttle the GTX 580's performance and subsequent heat output when using this power virus. As stated by Anand "FurMark and OCCT are indeed throttled" -I assume that Anands "Program X" is Kombuster or EVGA's OC Scanner.
    6. LIkewise the power consumption figures are also skewed since the card was tested under Furmark. Peak load should be around +2% (engineering sample) to - 5 to 10% (retail card) of the GTX 480.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.