TechSpot

Spybot S&D website

By learninmypc
Sep 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. As I'm sure Spybot S&D users know, Spybot S&D def. updates every Wednesday. This morning,I tried twice to update mine but it kept telling me there were none so I googled Spybot S&D & found this http://www.safer-networking.org/ a totally different website or am I incorrect?
    I ended up downloading the updates from that website & later I got another small update thru the program.
    Is that the "NEW" home of Spybot S&D?

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +184

I think they just updated the web page.

3. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

It's OK. To verify, open your Spybot S&D and under the tab "Help" click "Home page" to see where it takes you.

In case you feel yours has already been tampered with, I've just checked mine for you and it takes me to the site you mention.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,248   +1,549

On a side note:

I've not used anti-spyware the last few years. Spybot S&D looks more professional than I remember. From what I remember their site did resembled what is now known as Windows 8 Metro, blocky with an 4-bit color pallet.

5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,387   +240

Thank you, mystery solved, I totally forgot about that. It took me to same page. Thanks all for your comments/input. TS is the best(y)(y)(y)

6. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +184

Same here.

7. Erik

Erik TechSpot Staff Posts: 293   +10 Staff Member

We have an entry for the latest Spybot S&D definitions (updates) in the TechSpot Download Section. Here is the direct link.

8. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,387   +240

Thanks, I've bookmarked it.(y)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.