Steam launches holiday sale, discounts 1000+ games

By Matthew
Dec 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. With Christmas only five days away, Steam has finally launched its 2010 holiday sale, discounting over a thousand games. The event will run through January 2 and each day will bring a new batch of sales. Today's featured titles include Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ($6.79), Prince of Persia (all titles 75% off), Super Meat Boy ($3.75), F.E.A.R. bundle ($9.99), and more.

Read the whole story
  2. be_patient

be_patient TS Rookie Posts: 103

So many awesome deals. I've been hoping they did something massive for Christmas :D
  3. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 231

This is My Chance to get some great titles.
  4. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

Last year's was way better. There were hits for $5. This is kinda disappointing
  5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

(sigh) I wasn't looking forward to this. Now I'll have to buy more stuff. :(
  6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,261   +92

kg363, This year's sale has barely started, how can you say last year's was better?
  7. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

I have most if not all the games i want already.
  8. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Booster Posts: 248   +12

Holly Molly! I didn't wanna spend more money on games!! but, how could I resist missing all this awesome deals :(
  9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,419   +468

Ok please update BadCompany 2 price, they made a mistake making the core price at $20 when it was $30 before, I checked the price with discount from work at $20 for a $6.8 final and when I got home they fixed it back to $30 for a final $10,1 =(
  10. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,261   +92

Not entirely sure what you're saying Kibaruk, but I still see BC2 as $6.79.
  11. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

haha my mistake, I misread. I thought it was these deals until jan 2. I didn't realize that there would be new ones. My bad
  12. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Ohhhh yeah, Steam holiday sales. :D $5 for games is my idea of fun!
  13. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Oh boy, time to spend more money. =/

I'm hoping nice deep discount on Assassin's Creed 2 and Dragon Age Origins.
  14. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

the question is do we buy now or wait and see if our wanted games will go on a deeper discount :)
  15. Awesome! My only rule: Only buy 66%+ deals.
  16. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

I'm gonna guess that since they are saying 1000+ games will be on-sale, I doubt the 'daily deals' will be repeated at a lower price.
  17. teklord

teklord TS Guru Posts: 481

This is so awesome. Everyone, I'm buying LFD2, BFBC2, & Epic Pack, so get those as well so there will be more people for me to play online. ^^ Also getting Oblivion, best offline game I ever played and you need the original executable to enable AA, hence my purchase.
  18. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

OMG, now i'll need time to play :p

19. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

The big news is that two titles that were previously Xbox exclusives are now playable on the PC: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath & Munch's Odyssey! :-D
  20. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

EVERYONE GET BC2!! So they can add it to the friday night fragfest.
  21. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

This is the sale i've been waiting for! Deus Ex pack, Downloading, Orginal Half-Life... DOWNLOADING!

Red Faction and Red Faction 2.... DOWNLOADING!

I LOVE STEAM!!!!
  22. Okey, I said no but now I see burnout paradise at $5.00. I can't say no :-S
  23. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I see in today's sale that they have "Defense Grid: The Awakening" for a whopping $2.00. It's an addicting tower defense game with great graphics and music. It'll be the best $2.00 game you ever bought - got a 9.4 user rating score on Metacritic.
  24. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

Got myself BFBC2 and the Deus Ex twinpack. :)

Will likely get more as I go along, but thank you to Dustin for reminding me about BFBC2! :D

Gotta say I'm a tad peeved I needed to register with EA in order to even start BFBC2 though. :haha:

EDIT: Add the Witcher: Enhanced Edition, and Bioshock.
  25. w3b0n

w3b0n TS Rookie Posts: 38

cheers my friend! thats the first one im getting ;f

unreal tournament calls me 2 .. feeling kinda old school today