TechSpot

Steam launches holiday sale, discounts 1000+ games

By Matthew
Dec 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. With Christmas only five days away, Steam has finally launched its 2010 holiday sale, discounting over a thousand games. The event will run through January 2 and each day will bring a new batch of sales. Today's featured titles include Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ($6.79), Prince of Persia (all titles 75% off), Super Meat Boy ($3.75), F.E.A.R. bundle ($9.99), and more.

Read the whole story

2. be_patient

be_patient TS Rookie Posts: 105

So many awesome deals. I've been hoping they did something massive for Christmas :D

3. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 239

This is My Chance to get some great titles.

4. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Last year's was way better. There were hits for $5. This is kinda disappointing

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,386   +425

(sigh) I wasn't looking forward to this. Now I'll have to buy more stuff. :(

6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,093   +86 Staff Member

kg363, This year's sale has barely started, how can you say last year's was better?

7. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,129

I have most if not all the games i want already.

8. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 248   +12

Holly Molly! I didn't wanna spend more money on games!! but, how could I resist missing all this awesome deals :(

9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,443   +124

Ok please update BadCompany 2 price, they made a mistake making the core price at $20 when it was $30 before, I checked the price with discount from work at $20 for a $6.8 final and when I got home they fixed it back to $30 for a final $10,1 =(

10. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,093   +86 Staff Member

Not entirely sure what you're saying Kibaruk, but I still see BC2 as $6.79.

11. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

haha my mistake, I misread. I thought it was these deals until jan 2. I didn't realize that there would be new ones. My bad

12. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

Ohhhh yeah, Steam holiday sales. :D $5 for games is my idea of fun!

13. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Oh boy, time to spend more money. =/

I'm hoping nice deep discount on Assassin's Creed 2 and Dragon Age Origins.

14. Timonius

Timonius TS Guru Posts: 587   +34

the question is do we buy now or wait and see if our wanted games will go on a deeper discount :)

15. Awesome! My only rule: Only buy 66%+ deals.

16. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

I'm gonna guess that since they are saying 1000+ games will be on-sale, I doubt the 'daily deals' will be repeated at a lower price.

17. teklord

teklord TS Maniac Posts: 527

This is so awesome. Everyone, I'm buying LFD2, BFBC2, & Epic Pack, so get those as well so there will be more people for me to play online. ^^ Also getting Oblivion, best offline game I ever played and you need the original executable to enable AA, hence my purchase.

18. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

OMG, now i'll need time to play :p

cheers!

19. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

The big news is that two titles that were previously Xbox exclusives are now playable on the PC: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath & Munch's Odyssey! :-D

20. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

EVERYONE GET BC2!! So they can add it to the friday night fragfest.

21. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,535   +327

This is the sale i've been waiting for! Deus Ex pack, Downloading, Orginal Half-Life... DOWNLOADING!

Red Faction and Red Faction 2.... DOWNLOADING!

I LOVE STEAM!!!!

22. Okey, I said no but now I see burnout paradise at $5.00. I can't say no :-S

23. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,386   +425

I see in today's sale that they have "Defense Grid: The Awakening" for a whopping $2.00. It's an addicting tower defense game with great graphics and music. It'll be the best $2.00 game you ever bought - got a 9.4 user rating score on Metacritic.

24. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

Got myself BFBC2 and the Deus Ex twinpack. :)

Will likely get more as I go along, but thank you to Dustin for reminding me about BFBC2! :D

Gotta say I'm a tad peeved I needed to register with EA in order to even start BFBC2 though. :haha:

EDIT: Add the Witcher: Enhanced Edition, and Bioshock.

25. w3b0n

w3b0n TS Rookie Posts: 38

cheers my friend! thats the first one im getting ;f

unreal tournament calls me 2 .. feeling kinda old school today

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.